Are your bumps Pink/Blue or Yellow? 2014 moms/mums/mams

There should be more boys born yearly as for some reason. I did read up on why, but I can't remember the facts right now and don't have time to research it at the moment. It is a very low difference and I think its 51% boys to 49% girls or something like that.

Really? I thought it was more likely to have a girl as all foetus' start as girls! lol x

I've heard boys are more common too. Guys are supposed to have shorter life spans though on average so I think it evens out that way.

Foetus genitals start out as something non-distinct gender wise and then morph in the direction of the hormones released (As predetermined by the sperm's contribution).

There should be more boys born yearly as for some reason. I did read up on why, but I can't remember the facts right now and don't have time to research it at the moment. It is a very low difference and I think its 51% boys to 49% girls or something like that.

Really? I thought it was more likely to have a girl as all foetus' start as girls! lol x

I've heard boys are more common too. Guys are supposed to have shorter life spans though on average so I think it evens out that way.

Foetus genitals start out as something non-distinct gender wise and then morph in the direction of the hormones released (As predetermined by the sperm's contribution).

That right. They are more prone to childhood diseases and they are also more likely to get injured and killed in adulthood making the numbers more even. It generally evens out with 1 left over man for every 100 women. Although the ratio is higher in countries which favour boys as they abort many of their girls :/

It generally evens out with 1 left over man for every 100 women. Although the ratio is higher in countries which favour boys as they abort many of their girls :/

1:100 seems rather extreme, where did you hear that from?

Looking it up it looks like the ratio is usually much closer than that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio

Of course you're right about the ratio being swayed more dramatically towards men then normal in countries which have the cultural bias. It can be a real issue which had led to various rape and human trafficking issues.

It generally evens out with 1 left over man for every 100 women. Although the ratio is higher in countries which favour boys as they abort many of their girls :/

1:100 seems rather extreme, where did you hear that from?

Looking it up it looks like the ratio is usually much closer than that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio

Of course you're right about the ratio being swayed more dramatically towards men then normal in countries which have the cultural bias. It can be a real issue which had led to various rape and human trafficking issues.

I said one left over man so it would be 101:100

Team :pink:!

I wanted team :blue: but I'm still happy with my little girl and can't wait to meet her :)

We're having a little boy! Everyone's thought from the beginning that we were having a girl lol. No one would acknowledge that a boy was possible. Our Lucas William has proven them all wrong :)

completely in awe of all you team yellow mamas. I am dying to know the gender and still have 4-6 weeks left to go...

for now I voted team yellow ... if this changes at our 3d scan in Jan I will update ... b ut we decided to be team yellow or rather we were forced LOL

We just found out we are team :blue:!!

First ultrasound at 17+4, second one this morning (20+1) to attempt to find out the gender. So far both ultrasounds have the same answer: "well, I don't see anything sticking out, so must be a girl!"
Next ultrasound on Dec. 16th to confirm, but we have 2 votes for 'girl' so we're going with that!!
At we're due April 06th, 2014!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->