Aren’t we meant to have a 16 week midwife appointment?

Tweetz

Reaction score
hi ladies

So Im 15 weeks today and was under the impression that I should be seeing my midwife at 16 weeks, but the only appointments I’ve had is a booking in one and my dating scan at 12 weeks, after my scan I was told my next scan was at 20 weeks and the midwife isint seeing me until the day before according to my appointment ... I’m completely confused and feel I need the reassurance of an appointment as it’s a long time to wait?? I’ve had all my results back from the tests and all is fine but surely I need to see her before I’m 20 weeks?

Any advice would be great

Are you in the uk hun? If so then usually you see the midwife for booking in, then 12 week scan, then 16 weeks to your midwife and back to scan at 20 weeks.

Maybe call and double check? X

Are you in the uk hun? If so then usually you see the midwife for booking in, then 12 week scan, then 16 weeks to your midwife and back to scan at 20 weeks.

Maybe call and double check? X
Hello yes I’m in the UK I thought this too but after seeing her at 10 weeks she just said won’t need to see you till this date ... checked the date and it would make me a day off 20 weeks! My anomaly scan is the next day! So seems pointless tbh I think I need to call them! Thanks for your reply x

In the uk standard is booking in, 12 week scan, 16 week appointment then 20 week scan then depending what number baby depends on your next appointment. I last saw my midwife at 16 weeks and won’t see her again until 28 weeks, this is baby number 3 for me but if it’s your first I’m pretty sure there’s an appointment between 16 weeks and 28 weeks

Yeah I think first baby you go in about 25 weeks too. I would definitely ask. They usually give you your blood results from your booking in appointment. X

Same for me . I seen her at 17 weeks due to the Xmas period and won’t see her now until 28 weeks ! At my appointment she discussed my blood results even tho I knew they was all fine and told me my blood type etc .
I would give them a call make an appointment for 16 weeks .

Hi thanks for your reply’s this is second baby, yes I will give them a call as I’m 16 weeks Friday I did put it down to Xmas but they apparently have me down for an appointment day before my 20 week scan which seems pointless ... oh well we will see

If it’s your 2nd baby you miss out the 16 week and the 24/25 week appointments xx

I don’t agree with the more babies you have the less midwife appointments you have ! As we know each pregnancy is different. Should be the same appointments for everyone . Sorry mini rant over

I’ve always had a 16 week appointment. Sorry you have to wait till 20 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->