Areola color

Pulirula

Reaction score
Odd question but here it is. My areolas have changed a lot. I know it's totally normal but they look dirty around the edges. Any one else have this? I'm very fair skinned so they seem really dark to me. Also they are really big. Before pregnancy they were pinkish but now they are brown they also look really dry. Will they go back to normal after baby?

It depends, I ep'd for my last baby and they didn't go back to normal until after I stopped pumping. It was short lived as I was pregnant so they got darker again after a couple of weeks.

Hello,

You are not alone. I also had this in my 1st pregnancy with DS. I noticed my areoles changing half way through my 1st trimester and by the end of the 1st trimester they were twice the size and a dirty brown colour. They stayed like that until around 6 months after I delivered...by then I had completely stopped breastfeeding but I'm unsure if that had anything to do with them reverting back to their normal pinkish colour.

Oddly enough I am now 14 weeks with my second and I have had no colour change in my areoles really... maybe they are a tad bit rosier pink actually. This makes me really wonder if perhaps I'm having a girl this time (I dunno if that's an old wives tale).time will tell I suppose.

Mine never went back to pink :( They lightened up, but were never the same!

Mine are really dark brown now, almost black in some areas! And are sometimes really dry and flaky too.
Mine never went back to my normal colour after my first pregnancy but they did get a lot lighter again so hopefully they will this time too. They didn't really get much smaller though!

I'm not impressed with mine. They are usually pale pink, barely darker than my skin but when I am pregnant they go dark pink, almost red looking and absolutely huge, they look like 2 uncooked beef burgers with nipples on top ugh. Thankfully they usually go back to normal after I finish feeding the baby.

Mine change colors by the day, but man, do they get DARK! They stay dark for the first few months of my babies' lives, and then they lighten back up. Mine have always been tan colored since I'm mixed race (black and white), but they do go back to their normal color.

Mine have gone super dark & huge! I'm very fair skinned and they were always small (along with my little boobs) and pink. My boobs have only gone up half a cup size but my nipples are enormous and dark! I'm really hoping they go some way back to normal once I stop breast feeding..!

I feel like the odd ball. This is my third pregnancy and my nipples have never changed. I've never really had breast changes, period. I've always worn my same bras all through pregnancy and even during breastfeeding my daughter for 18 months.

I feel like the odd ball. This is my third pregnancy and my nipples have never changed. I've never really had breast changes, period. I've always worn my same bras all through pregnancy and even during breastfeeding my daughter for 18 months.

I wish I was the odd ball :haha:

I have heard the old wives tales that if they darken it's a boy. I can say they did get bigger, but didn't change colorwith my Daughter. but this time they are bigger and way darker and I'm having a boy.

Interesting about the old wives tale, hadn't heard that before. Mine got very dark with my pregnancy with my son and then over time actually got lighter than they started out. They are just starting to get darker this pregnancy now.

I don't know how much (if any) truth there is to this, but I read this was an evolutionary trait to help newborns find the nipple to feed. Kind of interesting!

I heard that also. They become easier to see for the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->