argggh!annoyed!

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
right this might be a bit long! on the 10th feb grace had alot of horrible green secretions coming from her mouth and nose so the nurse sent samples off for cultures and said they would be back in 48 hours, she seemed ok but was having quite bad bradys the next few days, on the 16th she crashed, heart rate dropped to 20bpm, sats in the low 20s and she had no respiratory effort,they turned her cpap up to 80% with no effect so they had to bag her for 8 minutes and crash bleep the consultants, after about 5 minutes of bagging (i wasnt counting but thats what it says in her notes) her heart rate started picking up a bit and her sats were up to 50 but she still had very little respiratory drive, the consultants were about to intubate when she started picking up after 8 minutes of bagging. She continued to have bradys all day but not quite as bad but still requiring increase 02 and lots of stimulation.The doctor said ''well she doesnt have an infection so we wont start antibiotics'' The next day on ward rounds one of the nurses asked about the results from the cultures that had been sent (a week before) as she hadnt been in and the doctor went and checked them and they had grown ++ e coli!
The results of the cultures had come back on the 12th! The results had been sat there waiting for 5 days saying that she had e coli but they just didnt bloody check the results!! I asked if that could be why she had crashed and they said ''well it might be but it might not be'' !!!! i mean i know it could have been because of something else but i cant believe they just left her with an e coli infection, no treatment, no antibiotics and then that happened!
sorry for the rant!! ( Grace is 5 and a half weeks old btw, born at 28 weeks, still not upto her birth weight, she has had NEC and 2 operations requiring requiring emergancy transfers in the last 3 weeks) xx

That's awful!! Poor you and Grace :-( :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I assume they have started treating for the ecoli now? I wonder if that is what has been causing the green gunk around her line?

I hope she starts to pick up again soon once the meds kick in. Sending lots of love and hugs to you all xxxx

Omg that's awful, hope she gets the treatment she needs to get better

I'm so sorry. I would have thrown a fit if that had happened to me -- her life depends on them right now. That's unacceptable!

That is dreadful! I think i'd want to take that further as the wee one's are so precious as it is and they shouldn't have to suffer any longer than they do. Hope she's getting better now. Big hugs to you both. xxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->