Arggghhh OPK!!

Miwi

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so this is my second cycle of TTC #2. I am so confused by my body and my cycles in general - it took me 2 years to conceive my first, total nightmare. We are trying naturally at the min,and I'm not temping (though plan to start in the new year), all we are doing is OPK and some Conceive Fertility Plus lubricant. I've always had very irregular cycles, though since having my daughter they seem to be evening out and becoming shorter.
Anyway, my question is: is it possible to O but not get a + on a OPK? Last cycle I did get a +, I tested early as I was cramping and feeling off, turns out it was an early O. This cycle I have the same feeling but all my OPKs are negative. I'm so frustrated! Maybe I haven't O'd yet and it'll come but I still only have one line on the tests :doh: Loads of symptoms though.
Have any of you ladies that temp gotten a confirmation of O but not seen it on the OPK? Is that possible? I'm thinking maybe I drink too much lol. :shrug:
Thanks, and sorry for the ramble!! X

Ok so I've cracked and just bought a basal thermometer from amazon ... If I'm this much of a TTC nutcase on cycle 2 I dread to think what I'll be like in the new year lol.

I swore i wouldnt get obsessed with ttc #2 but its so hard not to! As for your opk question, its never happened me but i have seen charts on ff that have only negative opk and they have gotten crosshairs and even bfp! So its totally possible. Do you only do 1 opk a day? I started doing 2 a day and last cycle i had a really short surge where it was positive in am but negative again in pn so this cycle i did 3 a day and ended up with 2 days of positives.

Id defo reccomend ff for when you start temping and check out their chart gallery and see if you charts with ovulation but negative opk

I agree with PP, you probably should test more than once a day. I told myself I would not obsess with TTC #2 either (like last time), but I'm already in deep with OPKs and BBTs!

Thanks so much for your replies! I am definitely becoming obsessed (much to DHS disgust lol, he's very laid back about it all!) I am signed up to FF but obviously without the temps it's only so useful! I suppose there isn't much point in starting to temp half way through a cycle?
I have just started to do 3 opk's a day... because I have so many, not that I'm a total nut, honest!
Off to look up FF charts! Thanks ladies :)

I would definitely start temping halfway through! If you haven't ovulated yet, you will see a rise, and if you have ovulated, you may see your temp fall when AF approaches. The best time to start temping during a cycle is the morning after your get your thermometer!

Thanks linz - FX it arrives this week sometime, I'm excited. I want to be able to confirm ovulation, these OPKs just aren't cutting it any more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->