Argh blocked painful Ear!!

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
So my ear has been blocked for weeks, can hardly hear out of it and can feel lump of wax.. Enough I though so brought some otex ear drops, used twice today and it feels ergh like completely full and still cant hear.. Managed to get some wax out, just put some drops in before bed and it's stingy and aching now, got hot water bottle on it ATM lol

What else can I do? Will the drops work? What do I do just let the wax come out on its own? It's doing my head in, fed up of not hearing properly!

Hi chick sorry to hear ur suffering :-(...my oh is suffering with the same problem...he went to dr and told him to put 2drops virgin olive oil in the ear twice a day for two wks and then to go bk and get his ear stringed, it got that bad he was having pain all in his head cause ov the pressure, he also told him to take lain killers when needed...I would try and get in dr chick... Hope u get sorted ... Keep us posted

I know they do say, if its smaller than your elbow dont put it in your ear, but could you get the wax carefully with a pair of tweezers? I have had to do that in the past as I cannot have my ears syringed

oooh the tweezer thing sounds risky to me. you'd have to be very steady handed and not pull your eardrum out!!

hows your wobbly tooth by the way?!

i would speak to the doc and he will probably advise the olive oil and then syringing.

Soak a cotton ball in mouthwash and hold it to your ear.

I always find that otex gives me really bad earache :cry:

Warmed virgin olive oil works best ... a couple of drops each morning and evening, and massage the outside of the ear after you have done it ( the bit on the outside that 'closes' your ear canal if that makes sense).

It will soften and dilute the wax so that it gradually comes away ... just use a tissue to wipe the 'shell' of your ear though - if you start with cotton buds or anything inside your ear then it will just compact the wax even more.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Woke up with no hearing at all :( it's annoying me and starting to hurt, going to put some more stuff in when I get home, I even slept with a hot water bottle on my ear, :( it's worse then what it was before I put ear drops ib lol

Oh my wobbly tooth is loads better, doesn't wobble at all now lol! Been usig a good tooth paste! X

Woke up with no hearing at all :( it's annoying me and starting to hurt, going to put some more stuff in when I get home, I even slept with a hot water bottle on my ear, :( it's worse then what it was before I put ear drops ib lol

Oh my wobbly tooth is loads better, doesn't wobble at all now lol! Been usig a good tooth paste! X

:hugs:......I defo try and get booked in dr's chick

If its worse, you really should get to the doctors, you dont want to be putting stuff in your ears if its not working

mygrandad suffers reaaly bad with this thedocs say gently warm a bottle of olive oil on radiator or something a put a few drops in you ear before bed and put a bit of cotton wool in your ear so it doesnt come out it should in theory over a night or three loosen the wax and melt it and the cotton wool should soak it up :)

I had this a few weeks back, in both ears. I couldn't hear a thing, and drove everyone mad! I went to the GP, and had to put olive oil in my ears for 10 days, then get them syringed. I loved getting them syringed, it was heaven lol I felt them unblocking, which was such a relief lol

You should really get checked out, as you may have a infection in your ear if it is painful, you might need antibiotic drops first. Good luck.

I had mine syringed this morning, I can hear properly again! :happydance:

I have narrow ear canals so it doesn't take much wax to block them up. I end up needing them syringing at least once a year, although it's only been 5 months since I last had them done.

I try to use olive oil in them once a week to keep the wax soft :thumbup:

Haven't been going tomorrow lol but can't hear at all!! Does the dr or nurse do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->