Argh...cloth problem. I feel awful!

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
So, the only problem I have with cloth is that I can't tell when he's pooped as the smell doesn't escape. Usually it's not so much as a problem as I can tell when he's pooped. Occasionally though I don't notice and then he ends up sat in poo for an hour or so until I realise.

I just went to change him and he'd pooed but I don't know when. It could have been anywhere up to 3 hours and now he has nappy rash which he's never really head before :cry: xx

urgh how terrible :( I gues sit IS a pro to cloth that there isnt an obvious pooey smell (unless its REAL bad I had one of these the other day) but it will get better cos Gabriel is now one year and the way he pulls his face/strains its VERY obvious that there is poo!

Awwww :hugs:

Wish I had an answer, but I don't! Lots of hugs :hugs:

Oh no, I know how you feel though because if Izzy does a nugget its really hard to know its there...if its a soft one though I can tell!

Plenty of nappy free time, water rinses and it will be gone in less than a day!

This happened to Vincent so I just kept checking every hour or so but he has now started sitting and doing a bum shuffle type thing on the spot now when he has pooed :lol:

I've had exactly this situation many times - only had consequences a couple of times (bad nappy rash :cry: ) but I always feel terrible when I realise. He just doesn't always make it clear when he is doing a poo, and seems not to mind sitting in it. It's rare that I know from the smell that he's pooed, so I try to remember to check every so often by looking down the back of his nappy/in at the legs. It astounds me how often there is a well-sat-in shit there. :(

My little man is more than happy to sit in a dirty nappy :(, so i check his nappy every half an hour or so - unless he is sleeping. I always give him a fresh nappy after a nap regardless though.

leyla doesnt cry when shes pooed neither lol, it always upset me how most mammies seemed to know when their baby has pooed and i didnt lol, now i see im not alone, lately i can tell because they stink!! :haha:

x

This happened with Noah once, after he'd had a feed in the night I checked his nappy - no poo, this was about 3am ish.

When he woke at about 7am I changed him and he had poo'd at some point between me checking and then waking, he hadnt moaned about it and we didnt smell anything so he then had nappy rash :O(

I let him have lots of nappy off time to let the air get to it and washed him with just plain water and it healed up pretty quick.

Dont worry about it too much hun, these things happen :flower:

Your not going to win worst parent of the year award, honest!

i missed poo soo many times - i fet awful too. it happens :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"