Argh everyone around me!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Serious frustration here lol there are alot of people i know or know of who are pregnant and due in the weeks before, after or same time as me. So many of them are having or just had their babies and before their due dates!! They've gone into labour by themselves aswel its so unfair. This is baby number 4 and i just KNOW that this will be ANOTHER induction at 12 days overdue it seriously sucks my body just does not want to do it by itself ever. I'm only coming up 38 weeks so I'm not technically annoyed I'm not in labour yet but I'm so done with this bloody pregnancy it's annoying to see everyone else having their turn at 37-39 weeks and couple of them are first babies! Sorry for the vent but OH just thinks I'm mad and doesn't see why I'm making a fuss lol x

Will your Dr not induce sooner than 12 days over?? O-O

Thats generally the amount of days they make you go to before induction unless medical reason. Ive pushed every time for an earlier induction and they have no sympathy what so ever for personal reasons. So unfair! I dont mind going a few days over as be nice to go into labour by myself for once but it just never happens so I'm expecting a repeat this time x

Ugh, that's so frustrating! I'm in the same boat as you, although my doctor only really waits 7 days after the due date to induce. There are a lot of women at my office that are pregnant/have just had babies too. None of them were working a week past their due date like I did with my first. I'm expecting a repeat performance with this one too.

It is frustrating, but the silver lining is the look on everyone's face when they ask you when you're due, and you get to say, "oh, 3 days ago". At least....that was the silver lining for me lmao.

With DS they asked me at my 38 weeks appt if I wanted to schedule induction for due date. I went 40+5 naturally and that felt like a lifetime. I know gestation is technically 38-42 weeks, but 12 days over gives a LOT of wiggle room for complications...

With DS they asked me at my 38 weeks appt if I wanted to schedule induction for due date. I went 40+5 naturally and that felt like a lifetime. I know gestation is technically 38-42 weeks, but 12 days over gives a LOT of wiggle room for complications...

In the uk our outlook seems to be much more against intervention than in the US. Our midwives are generally happy to allow us to go 10-14 days over before we would be induced, unless there is a medical reason to do so beforehand. We do have more regular appointments for checks as we approach our due date and go over but they consider there to only be higher risks after 14 days late.

To the original poster, it must be very frustrating going into this knowing that it may not happen naturally again! Fingers crossed this little one surprises you x

The differences do surprise me so much. US is a little... pushy. Midwives and OBgyn's like to be home by 5 and if that means scheduling your induction to fit their schedule,... well so be it. I wish it wasn't true, but... anyway. That's just my experience - there's hopefully some more easy going US OBgyns out there!

Thanks for all your replies! I'm hoping that i may be able to get an earlier one on the basis that I've had a shoulder dystocia baby and both my last 2 boys passed really thick meconium inside of me which resulted in them in special care on antibiotics, one of which had bad breathing difficulties because of this. My midwife said i should have a case based on this. I'm really going to push for it like mad this time. X

Another option you could try to push for is that pregnancy is affecting day to day living. I mean you have other kids to care for and if you're in a ton of pain daily that you're having a difficult time caring for your other kids (even if you're not how are they going to know?) then that is grounds for an earlier induction.

I have a friend who is currently 38 weeks and is supposed to be having a c-section today. Honestly I don't know how she pushed to have it so soon when at the birth center I've always gone to they will only do a c-section if you go overdue and are having a difficult time pushing out the baby or unless medically necessary, neither of which apply to her.

I've tried myself to get my midwife to induce me this pregnancy without any avail. She just won't consider it until I'm at least a week overdue. I don't want to honk my own horn since I know the start of this post was because it bothered you that others you know have went early, but I had my last son at 35 weeks and he weighed almost 8 lbs already. All of my others have been large for dates too and this baby was actually predicted to be even larger than my last son so I'm worried that if I go much longer than 37 weeks I won't be able to push him out. My midwife won't even be swayed to induce me even when I tell her that. It's so frustrating not to have much of a choice in birth :(

Another option you could try to push for is that pregnancy is affecting day to day living. I mean you have other kids to care for and if you're in a ton of pain daily that you're having a difficult time caring for your other kids (even if you're not how are they going to know?) then that is grounds for an earlier induction.

I have a friend who is currently 38 weeks and is supposed to be having a c-section today. Honestly I don't know how she pushed to have it so soon when at the birth center I've always gone to they will only do a c-section if you go overdue and are having a difficult time pushing out the baby or unless medically necessary, neither of which apply to her.

I've tried myself to get my midwife to induce me this pregnancy without any avail. She just won't consider it until I'm at least a week overdue. I don't want to honk my own horn since I know the start of this post was because it bothered you that others you know have went early, but I had my last son at 35 weeks and he weighed almost 8 lbs already. All of my others have been large for dates too and this baby was actually predicted to be even larger than my last son so I'm worried that if I go much longer than 37 weeks I won't be able to push him out. My midwife won't even be swayed to induce me even when I tell her that. It's so frustrating not to have much of a choice in birth :(

Yeah that is something i could try and use i suppose, I just don't know if they will see it as a valid reason, they have no sympathy at all my hospital it feels.
Wow 8lb at 35 weeks thats huge!! I hope you manage to persuade your midwives for early induction! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->