Argh, my friend just had her baby and used my no1 name! :(

Lilli

Reaction score
So whenever i've thought about having children, i knew i wanted to call my daughter (if i had one) Amelia Rae... I'm talking years and years! When i was first pregnant with Adrian, i knew if he was a girl, we'd be calling him Amelia.
Obviously, that didn't happen :haha:
Then the name Amelia got really popular which made me go off it a little... Then we found out that we are having a girl and i decided that i didnt care that the name is now really popular, i've always wanted it...
My friend had her little girl at the weekend and has called her Amelia :dohh:
She'll only be 4 months older than my LG...
So now it's made me unsure of it again. I dont see her that often but we've been friends for nearly 20 years.
Please someone tell me it doesn't matter?!

If thats the name you have always loved than I don't think it matters. You should stick with the name you want sure you're friend won't mind xxx

I would say use it anyway!
Did she know you wanted to use it?? If so that was really horrible of her (if she didnt i take that back lol)
Xx

Did she know you wanted to use that name??

Hmmmm, not sure we'll have talked about it recently... I might've mentioned at Christmas that i had really liked the name but was put off because it was so popular...

Just finding it hard to find another girls name that i really like! :dohh:

I would still go with it. You never know though, once bubs is here you could think of another name completely :hugs:

I would use it anyway if you love it hun, it might be that you use different variations of the name (Amy, Mia, etc) and if she used it thinking that you wouldn't then that's her problem!

I'd probably still use it! Coincidentally, Amelia is the name we chose for our little girl! I admit I'd be pissed if a close friend or family member consciously stole it :(

You should still use it, it will be sweet that you and your friend's baby will share a name.

Use it! If you already don't see her much, chances are your LOs won't see each other much at all. Your Amelia will have her name all her life and as an adult, she'll probably not even remember the other Amelia. :)

I say use it! If your friend did it purposely I would say something to her, but it seems she just liked the name. If you love it, I say keep it.

Yikes, I would be so heartbroken especially how long it took for my husband and I to agree on a name. Thats why we arent telling anyone. Not even on here. Lol

You might be surpirsed on how quick you will like another name out of the blue if Amelia is on the back burner for now. Sorry that happened to you :flower:

I think if you love it then you should still use it and that your friend will understand :)

I think given its such a popular name it shouldn't matter, you will probably meet alot of Amelia's over the next few years! I would still use it

I'd still use it.

There is always going to be other kids you know with the same name.

Thanks ladies, i knew i could rely on you to be supportive :)
It was just a bit of a surprise! they were team yellow and i thought it'd be typical... sure enough, she's called Amelia.
Hubby is a bit unsure now. I do like 'Amy' as well so maybe we'll go Amelia on her birth certificate and Amy day to day :shrug:
I don't see my friend that often anymore as we now live 200 miles away so it's not like our girls will be playing together every week/month... more like once or twice a year!
Is there some kind of etiquette though if we do go ahead with Amelia? Should i tell her pre-announcment?

I love the name and its also my top choice for a girl! If you love it then use it hunni xxx

Use it! Especially if you only see her a few times a year. It's just as much "your" name as it is "hers".

Like others have said if you still love it then use it. If you wanted to be a bit different maybe you could use a different spelling such as emilia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->