Argh the screaming!

Oh yeah I did find the finnish version of freecycle once but forgot to bookmark the page - will look it up again

gonna try and nap again now as she's asleep in my arms - wish me luck!

I thought colic was supposed to go away by 3 months? And she was never like this when she was younger - she was a dream baby back then!

Is it the evil 4 month sleep regression? Holly has been a mare to get to sleep since that age, she refuses to nap and it takes forever to get her to sleep at night. She used to STTN, now wakes up all the time. We found the following things helped - blackout blind (or tin foil on the window), feeding her to sleep, not hyping her up by giving her a bath etc at bedtime, movement (she usually falls asleep if I take her for a walk, and I also have a blackout blind for her pushchair), dummy, a little comfort blanket/toy. She goes nutso if she thinks we're trying to get her to sleep, so we have to think of ways to trick her. Also if she stays awake for more than 1.5 hours at a time she goes into meltdown, she gets overstimulated really easily. Or perhaps it's teething causing her a bit of pain? Hope something works soon x x

Reckon its the sleep regression and teething doesn't help. Teething gel helps calm her but yeah just like your girl she goes nuts if she thinks we're trying to make her sleep. She napped earlier today when I put her down and she played with her feet til she fell asleep, trying that again now.

Edit: it worked again! She falls asleep snuggling one teddy and with the other one lying across her belly - so cute!

I hope I'm not jynxing this but I think we might be past the worst. It seems she has startled to settle herself again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->