Aria

MRSD6811

Reaction score
My husband and I have picked Leo for a boy with Michael as a middle name after my Dad who died when I was 7.

We have chosen Aria/Arya for a girl but haven't decided which spelling to use yet. I prefer Aria with it meaning beautiful song and loved it before Game of Thrones DH who likes it because of GoT prefers Arya with the meaning noble warrior. I also read today that the hebrew meaning of Aria is Lion.

Total coincidences all round that both our girl and boy names are lion related; their star sign will be Leo and the first thing we ever bought for baby was a toy Lion when we visited a zoo in Feb on 'baby's first city break!'

Anyway looking for opinions on spelling but also middle names. I'd like to honour someone like I would if it's a boy but our Mums are Alison and Elizabeth and are both still alive and dont go with Aria/Arya. My Granny is Helen and the baby may come on or around her birthday, DHs granny died a few years ago and he misses her greatly she was Catherine or Katie. Asked DH if he wanted to honour his Gran but he doesn't seem fussed :s but I dont want to comandere the middle names for all potential children we have. Other option is names with meaning from the bible?

Any suggestions?

I quite like Aria (R-E-uh) only because Arya (R-yuh) seems like it lost a syllable along the way.

I love the symbol of the lion - how cute!!!

Aria Catherine or Aria Kate sounds nice

Aria Louise
Aria Michelle
Aria Rebecca
Aria Noel
Aria Juliette
Aria May
Aria Rose

I'm biased because I'm a fan of GoT and the character. Nonetheless, I'd say go with Aria since it has a lion connection. :thumbup:

Aria Rose is on our list.

I love Aria Catherine (depending on the length of your last name).

I agree with a previous poster in that when i read Aria I get three syllables (R-EE-A) and when I read Arya I read two syllables because in that sense 'y' becomes a consonant.

Again though thats at first glance.

I agree with pp Aria Kate or Aria Catherine depending on the length of your last name. Definately Aria though

Thanks everyone I'll see what hubby thinks x Dunno how I managed to post this twice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->