Aria

MRSD6811

Reaction score
My husband and I have picked Leo for a boy with Michael as a middle name after my Dad who died when I was 7.

We have chosen Aria/Arya for a girl but haven't decided which spelling to use yet. I prefer Aria with it meaning beautiful song and loved it before Game of Thrones DH who likes it because of GoT prefers Arya with the meaning noble warrior. I also read today that the hebrew meaning of Aria is Lion.

Total coincidences all round that both our girl and boy names are lion related; their star sign will be Leo and the first thing we ever bought for baby was a toy Lion when we visited a zoo in Feb on 'baby's first city break!'

Anyway looking for opinions on spelling but also middle names. I'd like to honour someone like I would if it's a boy but our Mums are Alison and Elizabeth and are both still alive and dont go with Aria/Arya. My Granny is Helen and the baby may come on or around her birthday, DHs granny died a few years ago and he misses her greatly she was Catherine or Katie. Asked DH if he wanted to honour his Gran but he doesn't seem fussed :s but I dont want to comandere the middle names for all potential children we have. Other option is names with meaning from the bible?

Any suggestions?

I love Aria Kate or Aria Cate. Catherine sounds nice too, but the spelling Aria is my favorite.

EDIT: IS there a double post of this topic?

My daughter is called Aria Grace...nearly 7 yrs old so not from game of thrones. I love it and everyone comments on how nice it is. not too common either :)

Yeah somehow I ended up posting twice :wacko: Catherine seems to be winning!

So nice to hear from someone who has an Aria-especially seeing as you are in NE Scotland where I'm originally from. Aria Grace is lovely. I had Grace on my list but hubby didnt like it :nope:

Aria or Arya is a beautiful name - love it!!

I had thought of using mom's or various grandmother's names as middle names. One is Juliette, which I love, the other is Yolanda, don't really like the name. Don't want to pick one and have the other feel left out.

Yeah somehow I ended up posting twice :wacko: Catherine seems to be winning!

So nice to hear from someone who has an Aria-especially seeing as you are in NE Scotland where I'm originally from. Aria Grace is lovely. I had Grace on my list but hubby didnt like it :nope:

Aria Grace would be perfect (and so close to my daughter's name :) )

I'm in love with the name Aria since starting to watch Pretty Little Liars hehe

For Bible names you could do
Aria Ruth*
Aria Esther
Aria Elizabeth*
Aria Abigail*
Aria Delilah
Aria Dinah
Aria Eve*
Aria Hannah
Aria Jael*
Aria Judith*
Aria Lydia
Aria Leah
Aria Miriam*
Aria Naomi*
Aria Rachel*
Aria Rebecca*

The ones with the * are the ones I think sound best :)

My daughter is called Aria Grace...nearly 7 yrs old so not from game of thrones. I love it and everyone comments on how nice it is. not too common either :)
Hey !! How do you pronounce her name? If it's Ah-ree-ah, has she had issues with people pronouncing it?

yeah we pronounce it that way...no most people pronounce it correctly...tho its not very common just now so some people the A at the beginning as Ay- which can be annoying. but for the most part people say it right

Aria Grace is lovely; however, it's a very common middle name. My daughter's name is Willow Grace. Aria Cate is adorable, and I like the alternate spelling rather than Kate. I say definitely spell it Aria. I looove the meaning. Honestly, I don't think any of the names from the bible given above in Wristwatch's reply (and it looks like heshe named most of them) really flow well with Aria, with the exception of Ruth and Elizabeth. Here a few more:

Aria Belle
Aria Jane
Aria Mariah
Aria Lily
Aria Violet
Aria Eve

Our little girl is going to be Aria Ruby or Aria Marie. I've loved the name for years but hubby is a huge GOT fan so he tried to convince me to spell it Arya for a while. I explained to him that her name is pronounced Are-yah he agreed Are-ee-ah was better.

I vastly prefer Aria because it isn't tied to the books/show. I think names that are too strongly associated with one pop culture reference are generally not a good idea. Aria is getting very popular very fast though, so if that phases you, take that into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->