Arielle Ann Madaline's awesome birth!!

aj11

Mama to Ari :)
Reaction score
Well leave it up to me to deliver 12 days early on April Fool's Day!

It all started on Monday when I started to lose my plug. Tuesday i started to have a lot of watery discharge, then Wednesday i started to realize i was getting gushes of water that wasn't like the discharge. so i called the birthing center and they had me go in at 10 pm to get checked. i had my husband stay home and go to bed because i totally thought i would be sent home. well i got checked and they found my water had broken, possibly on tuesday!! so i had to call my husband who was sleeping to tell him we were going to have a baby soon!! so him and my mom got there before too long.

at midnight they start a pitocin drip and i was pretty good up until about 5 am. i was 2 cm dilated, 90% effaced, and baby was at 0 station. i bounced on a ball for awhile, and the rest of my water broke with a very noticable pop and then the contractions started to piggyback with one starting before the last was complete. i was hurting pretty bad but my husband kept me breathing.

we got in the shower at 6 am and it saved my life for about 40 minutes, and then the contractions got so hard i couldn't sit still. they check me and i was at 4 cm. so they called for the epidural. at 7:30 they put the epidural in (it was so hard to hold still but i was determined!) 10 minutes after getting the medication i felt a lot of pressure and they checked me, i had dilated from 4 cm to 10 cm in 10 minutes!! baby all the sudden dropped her heartrate to 50 so there was some panic but we got me turned and she shot back up (later found cord wrapped around her throat).

they let me labor down in comfort for about an hour, then i started to feel a lot of pressure so they checked me and baby was 2+ station and i started to push.

let me just say that i LOVED pushing. it felt so good and powerful. the epidural did not affect my legs or my pushing and in about 20 minutes Ari was born (witnessed by my husband, my mom, my dad and step mom).

it was a great labor, 9 hours and 30 minutes long. it got hard but i couldn't have asked for a better experience. my husband was the best labor coach, so supportive and strong!!! made me fall in love with him all over again

ari.jpg

She's gorgeous congratulations, love the name too :) xx

Aww AJ hun, iv just seen you had your (very beautiful) little girl!!

Huge congrats sweetheart- what a journey, do you remember us in ttc?! Feels like a lifetime ago, and now we both have our little girls....

too amazing to comprehend....

congratulations and I wish u all the happiness in the world with your little darling x x x

I have only just seen - well done she is beautiful!!

She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I love the name too!xxx

She is gorgeous. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband too. Congratulations, sounds like you had a great labour.

xx

LOL came on here looking for your update. I was told at 19 weeks I was having a boy then at 35 weeks told girl. After 4 boys I so want a girl. So was desperate to see what you had! I have to say a case of I am so glad they were right after being wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->