arrgghh college

laura1991

Mummy to Lily
Reaction score
sooo i gave birth to my baby 8 weeks ago and had to go back to college straight away for my exams (lily was 5 weeks) and its absolutely killing me!!
i don't know what to do!!
its putting such a strain on our relationship.
my oh dropped out of college to look after the baba and is going back in september
do i finish my a levels or give up!
helpp

Ahhh hun :hugs:

How long have you got left? Colleges normally finish in June dont they?
They way I see it, you've done the whole year so far, to drop out now would be so disappointing & if you decided to go back to college, you would have to redo all the work you've done this year!!

Just think, by June it will all be done & you will have all summer to enjoy your baby...I know it must be hard right now....maybe speak to your tutor and see what they say, they might suggest you cut your days down or something??

Good luck, let us know what you decide & how it all goes.
x

aww :hugs: i cant imagine how hard it must be for you. im like a crazy lady when it comes to my daughter :haha: if i have to leave her with someone else i HATE it. but i think you should stick it out at college it will be over before you know it youll have to make it up with extra cuddles and kisses when you get home instead! but i def think it will be worth stick in a with your alevels :flower: hope it works out for you. :hugs:

Aw it must be really hard being in this position :hugs:

I did my first year of alevels last year, whilst being pregnant with Amélie. I decided to take a year out, which is what I'm doing at the moment, and will hopefully be going back in September to do my A2 courses.

Personally, I think you should try and hold out until June and then take a year out if you can. A month can seem like a long time, but having AS qualifications will help you in the future. But that way, you will be able to see your baby develop and still have the option of continuing with education in a years time, without having to redo everything. That's just my opinion though..

Best of luck with whatever you choose :) xxx

I know how you feel... I returned to school when Braden was only 7 weeks in order to do my 5th year exams...and now he's almost 1 and im preparing for my final set of exams and to leave school. Its been really hard with him and school, but luckily i have an amazing OH and his family have been great.

All i would say hun is DONT give up....in the long run it will be good for you and your LO. The better qualifications you have the more you can provide for her and the happier you will be. You'll feel so good knowing you have done the best you possibly can for her.

Good luck hun!!!

know its hard, but try and finish if you can! I was at uni and decided to take some time out...but really wish i'd done as much as I could whilst pregnant and while Jacob was tiny! It'll be worth it in the end xx

hey hun i know exactly how your feeling im in my second year of uni now and have a 2 year old son.

My friend has a daughter who is the same age as my son...and she dropped out of college when we were both in are second year and pregnant. All i will say is tht it can be done and that my friend regrets droppin out as she is now redoing her course to get to uni so has another two years before uni yet. don't give up now. You've done so well to get this far.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"