Arrival of Baby Zach 18/10/2010

Carrie29

Reaction score
Here's my birth story of our little son Zach born at 3.20pm NZ time on Monday the 18th October.

It all seemed to start on Sunday when out with DH and his Dad whilst sitting in the car i had a sudden back pain that i had never experienced before. It only lasted 30 seconds then disapeered. Then later that night i went to bed and noticed i had bad period pains that seemed to get worse every 10 minutes..DH came to bed and i said that we may have this baby tomorrow. DH went to sleep and i laid there all night with the strong pains, by the early morning i couldn't lie down and was only comfy when sitting upright. I then had to get DH to get the TENS machine hooked up to me, it seemed to help. At about 3am i went to the loo and had my show, which was actually quite allot of blood, we got a bit scared so called the midwife and she reassured us that all was fine and to let her know if contractions increased. I also had a big clear out and was running to the loo every hour.

My mw came round in the morning to check all ok and hb etc were all good. She then said to let her know when contractions got stronger. I was then waiting for my mum to call from the UK at 9.30am so that i could check her in for her flight over here, whilst on the phone my waters broke so i had to sit on the loo and talk her through it :haha:, we rang the mw again and as my waters had broke she asked me to come in to check no meconium so we drove 30 mins to the hospital and all was good and she monitered hb etc all still fine and she expected me to be back that night or next morning. When we left i then had to sit down on the car park floor as i had sudden very bad pains... we rang mw again as they were now coming every 3 mins, and she asked us to drive to the maternity unit. After what felt like a long drive with me gripping onto the door handle, we arrived and i was in agony. She then checked me and i was 8cm's already :happydance:.. but the baby had turned to posterior, hence the bad back pain.. They ran the water bath but i could not get in i just wanted to kneel on the floor with my arms on my DH's lap.. a couple of hours later and about half an hour of pushing little Zach entered the world. He weighed 8lbs 2 ounces.. It was all so quick i didn't even get to take any paracetomol!!..

Because it was so quick i had to have quite a few stiches which are still sore, but i feel so very lucky.. our little boy is so good and sleeps for 4 hours between each feed. He had his 1 week check yesterday and has hardly lost any weight.. :happydance:

It certainly hurt more that anything but was so very worth every second!

Attachments

• Zach2.jpg
    Zach2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Zach1.jpg
    Zach1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 6
congrats and well done you hun. He is beautiful. xx

He is gorgeous hun :flower:
Well done and enjoy every second of him xxx

congrats on the fast birth of beautiful Zach! Well done you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->