Arrival of Jason John 27.5.10 -emergency c-sec/traumatic birth

chubbin

Proud mum of one
Reaction score
I am delighted and proud to announce the arrival of my son, Jason John (JJ) on 27.5.10, weighing 7 pounds.
My waters went on the Sunday, 2 days after a stretch and sweep. I went into hospital and they decided to keep me in as my placenta was low lying (3cms from the os). After constant monitoring, blood pressure tests and too many canulars (and messed up canulars) for anti-biotics etc, they started giving me pitocin on the Tuesday eve to induce me. I started having very light contractions that were fairly regular and felt like light period pains. They never amounted to anything though.
On the Wednesday I was put on a syncontin drip, which gave me proper contractions. After a few hours of gas and air I was found to be 4cms dilated. They kept ramping up the syncontin drip, til it was at 24!!! I had an epidural as the pain was unrelenting and he was back to back with me. The epidural worked for a long while but started to wear off, and then the top ups did not touch the pain.
Thursday lunchtime I was examined - 8cms dilated. After a couple of hours the midwife told me to start pushing. I pushed for an hour with no progress. The consultant came in and started rummaging about inside me, and after 2 nights of no sleep, no food and strong labour, I finally had a nervous breakdown! I started wailing like a baby, and he was like 'whats the matter with you woman', to which my DH and some of the midwives got very cross.
It was eventually agreed that I was to have a spinal and an attempted forceps delivery, and if that failed then a c-sec. I just wanted the c-sec as I didnt want the stress to my baby.
The gave me the spinal (throughout I was crying uncontrollably - Id completely lost it!) I didnt feel a thing and was completely numb within seconds - what a relief! They attempted the forceps delivery but it wasnt happening, so eventually performed a c-sec, which was great. Hearing my little boy cry for the first time stopped me crying, and from that moment on I havent been able to stop looking at him. My DH has been amazing throughout and we are so happy. Im recovering quickly and well from the op, and am glad that such a happy thing has come out of a traumatic birth.
Thanks for reading :) xx

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. Congrats on your little one though hun, and all the best for the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->