Arrival Of My Lil Princess-Tahlia Mae :) 01 Mar 10,8lb 15oz *update re heart murmer*

Caz-x

ʚϊɞ
Reaction score
Sun 28 Feb - Woke up having completely given up all hope of having a Feb baby. Had 2 unsucessful sweeps the previous week and had nothing other than a bit of plug loss and some cramps for a few hours. Was 8 days overdue and fed up completely, made a joke to DH that baby was hanging on till midnight when it turned March :haha:. Started getting some backaches and period type cramps during the morning, kept moving as much as poss but didnt pay much attention as had them before and they hadnt turned into anything:nope:. They got worse during the afternoon & I took some paracetamol & sat with a hot water bottle on my back. The pains got more regular from about 6pm and were about every 10 mins or so, so I sat on my swiss balll till about 1030 then went to bed figuring that if it was real labour the pains would stay. Went to bed and thye never went, but started to come more regular. When DH came to bed about he laughed and said was in labour and to ring my sister to come up to look after Kaden, I refused and said just to time the pains:blush:. They were every 5 mins lasting about a min at this point. I held out till 12pm then rang my sis as it would take her about 2 hrs to get to us.

01 Mar - My sis got here about 0215am and I told her where everything was, gave her telephone numbers etc and then set off to hospital, I was more worried about leaving my DS at this point as I hadnt ever left him before :nope:. Got to the hospital about 3pm and got settled in my room, asked for a beanbag and swissball & tens machine etc. Put the tens on which was bliss & got DH to rub my back during contractions (Tahlia was back to back & it was agony in my back which I never got with my son). Was examined about 0340 and was 3cms - was gutted as thought I would surely be more than that.:shrug:. Held off the gas and air till about 0530, when I decided I needed a little extra help, contractions were coming closer together every 1-2mins lasting about a min. Went to the toilet at 6am and my waters popped whilst I was on the toilet during a contraction, much to my hubbys shock as he actually heard the 'pop':haha::haha:. Examined shortly after and was 5cm, so we worked out that baby should be here at midday latest. I knelt over the bean bag on the bed and suddenly felt a shift in my belly and the relief was instant, (we later figured out that this must have been baby rotating into the correct position for birth and why I dialated so quickly following) At 0650 my contractions were every 40 secs lasting about 1min, and when I said I felt like I needed to push at about 0715 I was examined and found to be fully dialated :happydance:. I started to push after the MW rushed to get her gloves and everything on as it was way quicker than she expected :rofl: and she said that although I was fully dialated there was a lip of cervix over the head but that she would move it during the next contraction which she did. At 0728am it was all over. We asked the MW what sex the baby was and when she said girl, we could have laughed as we were about 95% convinced we were having another boy :haha:. We had cuddles etc whilst I delivered the placenta, and then we were left alone for an hour to enjoy our moment. Rang the family, had a nice bath and had tea and toast and we were moved into what would be my room for however long I stayed in for. I stayed in from the Mon till Wed midday by my choice, but was so tempted to stay longer as it was a MW led unit and lovely, cups of hot milky hot choc at 10pm with sandwiches if I wanted etc.

Sorry for the length, am sure I have missed some bits out, yes it knacked and no I won't be doing it again but thats because I have my 2 babies now & don't want anymore. She was worth every minute of pain just to have her here:kiss:.

Details;

Tahlia Mae Sweeney, 8lb 15oz - my lil fatty:haha:, Mon 01 Mar 2010 (9 days late)
Length 55cm, Head 35.5cm

She Deff wanted to be a Spring Baby!!

Labour - 1st Stage 8hr15
2nd Stage 13mins!!!

ETA; I never put this in before as I didn't really want to think about it till now, but when getting checked in the hospital they picked up a heart murmer. They told me not to worry as its apparently common for babies valves to not close properly initially but to take her to my GP at 14days for another listen and it would prob have gone. Well, that was today and it hasn't:cry:. The doc has said to go back again in 4-6weeks for another check & that she seems really healthy which is good. I am a bit upset as I was expecting it to have gone. Fingers crossed for next time.

Congratulations you! She is gorgeous xx

Congratulations and a lovely name for a lovely baby

Congratulations :D

My mum has a heart mummer which causes no problem at all, come to think of it, so has a friend i went to school with. I know it must be a worry but it isn't necessarily bad xxx

Congratulations on your beautiful little lady xxx

Hi hun,

Firstly, congratulations on the birth of you beautiful little girl :hugs: But I also wanted to say try not to worry too much about the heart murmur. I was told exactly the same with my little girl when the paediatrician examined her before discharging us. We went back 14 days later and it could still be heard. So we went back a third time when she was about 3 months old. They couldn't hear anything on that occasion but then again, she was screaming her head off lol. So they said that just in case they couldn't hear it properly over her extremely loud howling, that we would need to go back again (beginning April) and I think they will be doing a routine scan just to confirm that everything is okay. I had a chat to my health visitor and she really put my mind at ease. She said that it is so common, and that I needn't be concerned so I'm sure everything is absolutely fine xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->