arrival of Ollie Jack, water vbac 4/4/11, (warning graphic water birth pics)

Such a wonderful story and wonderful pictures! Congratulations x

Thank you so much for sharing! It's lovely to read you got the birth you wanted! Beautiful pics.

Just wondering how you got your consultant/MW to agree to a water birth VBAC? I would love one but am told I will have to be constantly monitored even though my Section was elective due to baby being breech :flower:

You don't HAVE to do anything. Lots of hospitals are supporting intermittent monitoring as constant monitoring is show in research not to improve outcomes. Helen will tell you her personal experience but I was her Doula. I've supported births where the hospital protocol would have been constant but my client politely declined after making an informed choice and went with intermittent. It depends where you are as to how receptive they will be. I have found though that even though they 'agree' to intermittent, you sometimes have to be very insistent when it comes to actually getting either off the CTG or in the pool!!

Yep what Lisa said, even though my hospital has designed a vbac clinic going through why my previous section happened, I found the communication between clinic and labour ward disjointed, so you have to be persist in not having constant monitoring and having normal intermitant checks x

Awwwwww Hels, thats the first time ive seen the pics and i actually just burst into tears!! So sooooooo proud of you :cry:

Ahh, love you lots :hugs:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful inspiring story!! and your pics are gorgeous, thank you!! and Congratulations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->