Arrival of Zachary Dylan !

benandbean

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have finally got 5 mins to announce how Little zachary came into the world..

My waters broke on tues 24th at 04.30am. I was so shocked and couldnt believe how much water there actually is. Its not a gush and thats it it keeps coming for ages. I went into day assesment unit to see if anything was happening. I could feel tightenings but nothing major. I was put on the monitor and had a speculum to confirm waters even though i was leaking them everywhere :wacko:

I was given two choices to be induced or to wait 24 hours and see how things develop. I decided to wait and try to naturally go into labour.

24 hours later nothing except random tightenings and more waters. went back to hospital. Told i would get induced later that day they were just waiting for labour ward to calm a bit.

waited all afternoon and early evening to get things going......i was now getting what felt like strong period pains and regular tightenings.

I was finally examined and was 1 cm ! told i would not be getting induced vaginally and they wanted to start the drip. Got taken round to LW.

Venflon was put in hand. monitored bubba all was fine and then they said they were to busy to start drip and i would have to wait till morning to get things going! i was so mad and disappointed:growlmad:

all through the night i was getting stronger pains and eventually went into labour all by myself i kept going until 6 am when i decided i needed someone to check me and call my OH.

I was 2 -3 cm and was feeling very sick and dizzy. I got taken to LW
i was monitored for what felt like hours. Baby was playing with his cord and scaring everybody. Eventually they put the drip in to speed things up.

I was fully dilated at 12.30 pm and delivered him at 13.05.
I cant honestly say it was not as painful as i thought it was going to be pushing. Contractions were a bitch! Thank god for gas and air!! :winkwink:
i had to have a episiotomy but all is healing well and even that didnt hurt at the time !

Zachary had the cord round his neck but came out looking gorgeous and i could not be happier. He is my world.

Thanks for everyones support. Cant believe i have made it to writing a birth story eeeeek! xx

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 16
he is gourgeous hun love the one eyed pic hes so chilled in that one !!

Wow, well done you. What a gorgeous boy you have xx

Congratulations what a lovely little boy. Thanks for sharing. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"