Arty or musical names? Update pg 2! :-)

Louloubelle78

Reaction score
Myself and my partner are struggling with a first name which is kinda unique and also have something to do with the arts (music or art)!

We are having a boy, and we have the middle names sorted already: John (after my late father) and Robert (after my OH late father).

First names which have been mentioned are:
Dalî: after Salvador Dalî, my OH favourite artist. He loves it, and I quite like it
Jude: after Hey Jude, we both love The Beatles, but OH hates Jude, but I love it:haha:
Miles: baby surname will be Davies, however... As much as I love the name, can I do that to our babba?!
Dylan: I used to love this name, but have gone of it recently:shrug: OH quite likes it

OH also likes Rowan. It's not an arty name, but we both think its nice :)

What do you guys like the best and any other ideas?

Dali Davies - not bad but little bit of a tongue twister
Miles Davies - yes i like it
Jude Davies - like this too
Rowan - not a fan
Dylan Davies - think this is nice

Other options

Otis
Albie
Gabriel

I love Jude :flower:
Miles is nice too :thumbup:

Other ideas:

Lennon
Presley
Brody
Buddy
Bodhi
Marley
Jackson
Benton

some other options

band/musician names:

Halen (van halen)
Jovi (like bon jovi, i like this when pregnant)
Lennon (john lennon)
Marley (bob marley)
Yngwie (pronounced ING-VI vi like in violet, another one i liked but everyone hated)
Nikki (i know a few people with kids named Nikki after Nikki sixx)
Pearl (pearl jam and pearl aday)
Rose (guns and roses, hollywood rose)

equipment names:

Marshall (like the amp)

guitar make names:

Gibson
Jackson
Dean
Daisy

instrument names:

Viola

random music names:

Shira: Shira is Hebrew for song.
Apollo: Meaning God of music and poetry.
Ranit: Hebrew for song, Ranit is a great choice for a little boy or girl.
Nazim: Nazim is Indian for song. Naz is a great nickname as well.
Alahya: This Indian name means musical tone or color.
Lirit: This Hebrew name means lyrical and has a great simple sound. I
Dewon: Dewon is Irish for song.
Melody: Melody is of Greek origin and is a wonderful choice.
Roni: Hebrew for song, Roni could work on a little boy or girl.
Saron: Meaning his song in Hebrew.
Aria: This English name means gentle music.
Philomela: This Greek name means lover of music.
Leron: The Arabic meaning of Leron means the song is mine.
Sora: Sora is Native American for chirping songbird.
Brage: This is the Norwegian name for the god of music.
Rina: Rina is Hebrew for joyous song.
Alima: Alima is an Arabic name that means learned in dance or music.
Lark: The American meaning of Lark is songbird. I think it could work on a boy or girl.
Ranim: Arabic for reciting in a sing song voice, Ranim is a wonderful choice for your baby boy or girl.
Cadence: This American name means musical beat.
Philyra: Like Philomela, Philyra means lover of music.
Chantal: From the French verb to sing.
Binali: With the cute nickname Nali. It means musical instrument.
Piper: Piper literally means a flute player. you can consider it for your baby boy or girl.
Lyric: Lyric is Greek for melodic word.
Aika: Aika means love song in Japanese.
Ruana: This Hindi name means musical instrument.
Musetta: Musetta is French for a song. I like Muse as a nickname.
Bethany: This is a recognizable name that means house of music in Hebrew.
Charmaine: In Latin, Charmaine means to sing.
Harper: This name literally means harp player. It's gaining popularity and can be used on a little boy or girl.
Carol: The French meaning of Carol is melody and song. You could also do Carolyn, Caroline, or Carollie.
Daina: Daina means song in Lithuania.
Jaron: Meaning to shout and sing in Hebrew.
Gita: Gita is Hindi for song.
Kotone: Kotone means harp sound in Japanese.
Mavis: This name has a very unique sound, but is super easy to spell.
Carmen: The Latin and Spanish definition of Carmen is song. It's also the name of a beautiful opera.
Riya: Riya means singer in Hindi. It can also be spelled Ria.
Zamir: Hebrew for songbird.
Chyna: Chyna means musical instrument. If you are a music lover who loves place names.
Harmony: Another obvious choice.
Kousan: In Armenian, Kousan means singer.
Zimri: means my music in Hebrew.
Calliope: Meaning beautiful voice in Greek, a great nickname is Calli.

I LOVE them all minus Dalî (Sorry!)

Think my fave has got to be Miles!

I voted for Dali, I think it's cute however would you consider it without the accent? Just might be quite annoying for him having to correct it all the time. I only say that because a friend of mine is called Chloe and (I can't do it on my iPhone) it had an umlaut above the O. She constantly had to adjust forms and correct people etc till she just gave up and spelled it 'normally'.
Also, I think Miles Davies is a little bit much, sorry!
I like your other names tho, Dylan especially. And I think Lennon is really cute too.

I really like Dali.
Another suggestion would be Art :)

Good luck deciding!

Thanks to everyone who has voted and also given us other names to think about :)

To update my SO is now REALLY keen on Rowan and I'm now REALLY keen on Jude, a bit like how close the poll is between the two names! He says he doesn't like Jude as he finds it too "Girly":dohh: I'm like "Are you serious???!!!" Er hello! Jude Law?!

I have a feeling we are going to battle it out at birth lol! Hope we come to a decision soon!

You know what I would suggest? Acknowledge both choices as definite possibilities and agree to meet baby first before deciding. They can have such strong little personalities right from the get-go - you might get your answer within a few hours of meeting him and it might not be either choice (both of which are really classy and lovely, by the way! Either one sounds great.)

Thanks to everyone who has voted and also given us other names to think about :)

To update my SO is now REALLY keen on Rowan and I'm now REALLY keen on Jude, a bit like how close the poll is between the two names! He says he doesn't like Jude as he finds it too "Girly":dohh: I'm like "Are you serious???!!!" Er hello! Jude Law?!

I have a feeling we are going to battle it out at birth lol! Hope we come to a decision soon!

That's funny, I consider Rowan to be feminine! It might be because the only Rowan's I know are little girls!

Echoing what a PP said, keep both names and wait to decide once your baby is here. Sometimes you'll look at them and be like 'you are NOT ___'

Update!

Well I had to have an emergency C section Thursday night just gone (more in this thread - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...5-scary-thursday-but-ive-got-my-baby-boy.html)

And I got my way lol (well after a day and a half of just gazing at him and we were both sure) that our son is a Jude John Robert Davies :happydance:

Even my OH loves it now :)

Congrats! Beautiful name and so glad he is here safe and sound. :)

Update!

Well I had to have an emergency C section Thursday night just gone (more in this thread - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...5-scary-thursday-but-ive-got-my-baby-boy.html)

And I got my way lol (well after a day and a half of just gazing at him and we were both sure) that our son is a Jude John Robert Davies :happydance:

Even my OH loves it now :)

Congratulations, beautiful name :flower:

Shouldn't it be Dalí? I see that you named him already so it's a non-issue, but I'm a Spanish teacher and the accent mark you have above is from another language (French maybe?). Since Salvador Dalí was from Spain it should have the í at the end. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->