As if i didnt have enough to worry about...this tops it!!!HELP!!!!

mummymurray74

Pregnant again after mmc
Reaction score
Hi girls

I have a really tough decision here and i really didnt expect to be in this situation.

I have my HSG appointment through.....next tuesday!!!!! Wow! i didnt think it would be this quick we only had our first appointment last tues!

Trouble is i will be one week away from AF so wont know if im Pregnant this cycle yet. It will be too early for it to show in a hospital pregnancy test wont it?? thats what they have offered me, but surely it wouldnt show, i have my scan first at 1pm and im wondering would that give any signs that ive concieved that early on? i know you wouldnt see a baby or even sac that early.

I dont want to cancel because the next one is a long way off, i just need to be sure i havent concieved this time, we would be gutted to lose it if we did as we have waited so long for this]:baby: (no 5!)

i Really dont know what to do, where i could get an hcg blood test??? If that would show it up:cry::cry:

they usually wont do an HSG or Sono at that time of the cycle for that exact reason....the solution they use to flush your tubes could damage an embyro, and a week before period is probably too early for a blood test to show.

you should move it to between your period and next ovulation, can you not get in then? surely if you got one that early you will get another a few weeks later.

Have you already ovulated or could you avoid this month? I know it's not great to miss a month when you're ttc, but at least you would get the test done. I had an HSG a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure we had to avoid that month in order to get it done.

I have never heard of a doctor ordering a HSG in the 2ww .
HSG should only be done at the beginning of your cycle after AF but before ovulation otherwise it could very well harm a pregnancy. you may be too early for anything to show on a blood test as well as a home test, its also too early to see anything on the U/S , I personally would wait .

I've never heard of an HSG in a TTW..its always right after AF..I'd def call them back and find out if there's a mistake with the timing of the test.

Thanks girls,

The only dates they will give me is the 4th (im 10dpo) the 11th ( i will be on AF) or the 9the 9th nov ( i would be around 9dpo!) they keep offering me it in the same time otherwise theres a really long wait, i will be 6 days from AF next tues which is the day they want to do it. I really dont want to miss out on it if im not pregnant this month....at the same time im scared incase i am??????? Grrrrrrrr so annoying!!!!!!!

10DPO has the possibility of picking something up on the right blood test...you want the one that measures HCG, not the one that just gives a yes or no.

Quantative vs. qualitative.

Is there anywhere i could get a private blood test? But how quick can you get the results????

If it was me I wouldn't risk it. I'm having mine done next month. They would only do it on cycle day 10-12. Last month they had it scheduled on cd 14. And they made me cancel it.

Is there anywhere i could get a private blood test? But how quick can you get the results????

I am not in the UK, so IDK...but I would think any doc should do it, if you are willing to pay for it.

I can get results same day, if I go early in the morning for the blood draw.

Would it be too expensive to pay for a private HSG instead and that way you can time it accordingly?

I'm sure mine had to be scheduled between CD8 and CD14 or similar, it definatley wasn't in the last 2 weeks of the cycle. They insisted it had to be between those dates and I missed 3 cycles due to not being able to book in on those dates in my cycle.

I didn't get scheduled for an HSG until my AF started, I had to call on CD1 and they booked it for CD 10 I think. You really should call them back, it sounds like a mix up. I've never heard of an HSG being booked like that before, a scan I have and that wouldn't matter what day you are but not an HSG. Maybe just double check with them

that's what I had to do, wait for AF and ring on CD1 to book, hence missing the first 2 attempts at booking.

Yep I had to book it on CD1 - my hospital will only do them on days 10-20 so we had to avoid unprotected sex until I'd had it done - it was a pain but worth doing to find out everything was ok.

If your hospital will only book them in advance you'll have to book one for next cycle and then avoid ttc from AF until your appointment.

Mine was the same I had to call on CD 1 and have my ob/gyn call in the order. they would only my the HSG around CD 8 .

mummymurray74 : if they wont change your HSG date can you get the HSG somewhere else?. I know in my town there are many imaging clinics who do them.

Ive decided not to have the HSG done next tuesday, we feel its too much of a risk, incase we have finally concieved this month at last!!! I will have the scan and ive left a message for the HSG dept to see if i can go on standby for an appt after AF

Ive decided not to have the HSG done next tuesday, we feel its too much of a risk, incase we have finally concieved this month at last!!! I will have the scan and ive left a message for the HSG dept to see if i can go on standby for an appt after AF

Wise move :hugs: :kiss:

Just seen this but also wanted to add that I was told to call at the start of AF and book my HSG (4 yrs ago so can't remember but prob about CD10) - it seems like there's some kind of misunderstanding as they're not supposed to do the x-ray if there's any chance you're pregnant, hence doing it between AF and ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->