• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

as it's in the forum description! Who's getting scared?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
So many people asked me, "Are you scared of giving birth"- this was at around 20+ weeks and I remember sitting there thinking to myself "Nah, not at all", and I actually didnt feel at all frightend, but now I am really really scared.
I think it's just the initial wait of it all.
And I just know that when my waters break, all hells going to break loose in my house.. lol.

Just wondering how you all felt with your first pregnancies? for instance, when you lost your mucus plug, when your waters broke, etc:.. was a shock and did you panick like hell?
I cant sleep at night sometimes, because its playing on my mind alot.
Hows everyone else feeling?

I must confess that I'm starting to get a bit scared, I keep looking down at the huge bump and thinking 'how the hell is that going to get out of there?'. I think I'm more scared about the responsibility and the life changing event that it's going to be once the sprog arrives though.

So many people asked me, "Are you scared of giving birth"- this was at around 20+ weeks and I remember sitting there thinking to myself "Nah, not at all", and I actually didnt feel at all frightend, but now I am really really scared.

And I just know that when my waters break, all hells going to break loose in my house.. lol.

Just wondering how you all felt with your first pregnancies? for instance, when you lost your mucus plug, when your waters broke, etc:.. was a shock and did you panick like hell?

I went through a phase a few weeks ago when I was really scared of labour and delivery, after months of not worrying about it at all. And now I think I'm back to where I had been, more relaxed about it. Mostly because I can't wait to have my baby! I can't wait to go into labour because it'll mean that very shortly my baby will be born! It may just be a phase you're going through like I went through. Trust me, when you get to almost 39-weeks like I am now, you will be running marathons to get Nicky into the world!

I went through a phase of worrying and all 'what if's', what if this happens, what if that happens!?
TBH I don't think about the pain etc now I'm just thinking of the joy at the end and how much it will be worth it! Maybe that will change when I do go in to labour but who knows? I know I'll have my OH and he'll be right there (no matter how much abuse he gets thrown at him when I'm in pain!) At the moment I think I'm more worried about how Chris will handle seeing me in pain than I am about myself!?

Like Gill said come week 38/39 you'll probably be thinking more 'come on baby' (if your not already!) than how much is this going to hurt!

Im scared but for different reasons, my worst part of labour/giving birth was after it all, and me being left alone with Rebecca after Dale and my mum went home. I felt so alone and so upset, I just cried most of the night.

I had no idea what to do with her, I wanted to bf but no one was about to help me (i missed all ante natal classes due to my leg being in plaster) and Rebecca was constantly screaming waking up everyone elses baby.

I am not looking forward to this again, hence the reason I am hoping for a 6 hour discharge this time.

I was petrified 1st time round of the pain, but its amazing how you and your body deals with it.xx

I was VERY scared with my first. I had heard all the horror stories possible and was so worried about giving birth. By the time I was 38wks, I was excited about having my Son, I couldn't wait. Then I had my Gyno appointment and was told that I wouldn't make it through the night ( I would go into labour) so he booked me in at 6pm that evening to have my waters broken. The hours leading up to going into the hospital was filled with excitment and fear, and when I arrived at 6pm my Gyno broke my waters at 6:30pm and 6hrs 11mins later I was holding my beautiful, handsome little man. I had a wonderful Labour, I had my husband and my best friend in there with me and it was wonderful.
You will do fine, and remember........ With every contraction your one step closer to holding your baby.
All the best
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"