as scan date gets closer, fears of Mmc getting stronger :-(

Teeny

Reaction score
hi ladies,

I'm 13 weeks and for the most part this pregnancy has been pretty text book, a bit diff from last time but not all pregnancies are the same.

so my scan is on tues, and now I'm starting to get really scared of mmc. I saw bubs at 8 weeks so that ruled out a lot of my fears, and looked very happy in there, but u read how the next scan people find the baby stopped growing weeks before......I'm sooooo scared now.

any ideas to help ease my fears and help me to tues? x

I too feared and fear this. I don't think there is anything you can do other than feel very reassured that if you had an early scan that looks good, it's very very unlikely that you will have a mc. I know there have been a few posts on here recently but I try and remember that people are more likely to post if they have had a rough time and need support - those ladies who haven't had any problems are more likely not to make a thread. So it all feels a bit skewed if that makes sense? Anyway lots of luck to you! X

I have a scan today. Im 7 weeks 4 days. I had a previous mc, hence why i have a scan so early. Super duper duper nervous. But then i remember, what will be will be. There is nothing that can be done. So so nervous. Keep me in your thoughts!
Im sure your scan will go beautifully!

Hiya hon - I understand what you mean. I had 2 early scans (weeks 7 and 10) and each time I come out feeling great, but then slowly over time the fears crept back in that things might not be okay :wacko:

All you can do is remind yourself that you've seen that healthy baby, and they're still in there growing, even if your bump isn't getting any bigger! All you've got to concentrate on is looking after the things you can influence like keeping healthy and as relaxed as possible :hugs:

I'm going through exactly this right now too... so so nervous. Trying to stay positive is hard when there's so much that's unknown. I ordered a doppler and can't wait to get it in... I watch the tracking information like every hour. I can't wait til I get that reassurance that I have control over. And I know they say that it can cause more stress than anything, especially if you have a hard time finding the heartbeat, but the thought of having the chance of finding it this early completely outweighs the risks...

I've been going through this roller coaster ride of nerves as well. Days before my last 2 ultrasounds I would prepare myself for the worst and almost convince myself something bad would happen... regardless of no bleeding or other complications. But I had a MMC last year and it has continued to rock my confidence. I was actually shocked yesterday at my 8 weeks ultrasound that they found a healthy, growing baby again.

Here's what helps me get through... I found this on a credible pregnancy website and wanted to share as it gives me reassurance when I have doubts.

"After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks"

thanks guys, I know I'm still going to worry but the stats are on our side xxx

Teeny...I have been a nervous wreck about mmc too from day 1. I saw hb at 7 weeks but terrified of something happening before 12 week scan. I symptom spot like crazy which is nuts because I barely have symptoms at all. Almost 10 weeks so a few weeks to go and it's killing me. All of this 1st trimester anxiety is terrible. I never expected being pregnant to feel like this emotionally and anxiety wise.

I am here with you! I don't really have advice but I am in the same place. You aren't alone...xxx

I have a scan today too and I am also nervous. I don't really have any reason to be but it's hard not to worry. I also saw the baby at 8 weeks and everything was good. I still have symptoms and still feel pregnant so I am just going to assume all is well. :hugs:

I know how you feel Hun, I had a MMC too last year and the thought terrifies me but I just keep trying to focus on something else and let those thoughts disappear.

I don't know if it gives you hope to know that after my MMC last year I then conceived my dd who is 8 months old now. So one MMC really doesn't mean you'll have another and as you said the stats are on our side. Especially when you have seen the heartbeat already.

I've got my doppler now and I've been holding back using it but I might give it a little go tonight on the off chance, I doubt it but it might be there who knows!!

Keep the faith Hun, it will all be fine, and the feeling when you see that little baby wriggling away at your next scan will be amazing!

I had a MMC this year around 4 months ago. I totally understand how you feel. It's hard to keep postive but its also the best thing to keep trying to drum into your head to keep you going. I'm hoping all the best for you. I had a early scan at 4 weeks and have one due again on Monday 2nd December, and again at 8 weeks i believe. So they really are keeping an eye on me this time. Which im grateful for. Lots of good wishes xxxxx

i'm scared of this, too. 10 days til my scan. a very different pregnancy to DS, and no early scans, no betas for reassurance, nothing.

here's hoping for the best for all of us xxx

All 3 times, I was so terrified and just KNEW that baby wouldn't be there at my 12-week ultrasound... All 3 times, I've seen a healthy, perfect baby. It's normal to fret over this, so don't worry about worrying. Your day is coming SO soon. Try to stay busy until then. With a 1-year-old, that shouldn't be difficult. ;) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->