As the name suggests slightly nervous...

slightlynervy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently found out I was pregnant, it was a slight surprise but well received both by me and my partner which is great.

However I don't think I really took it all in, I thought I was about 10 weeks pregnant and had my first scan today and was expecting a humanish shaped bump. Instead it turns out I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have a tiny little human within in me with fingers, toes and a tiny little nose . I spent a large amount of the morning crying in a very overwhelmed fashioned then sleep walked through work for the rest of the day.

I have missed my nuchal scan, which really worries me and my little bump wasn't moving around much during the scan which worries me now although I was little overwhelmed at the time! My local hospital doesn't have the greatest reputation and my midwife is nice but seems a little harassed and spent most of my home visit on the phone to other people. I am feeling abit alone and am amazed how quickly I have turned from a reasonably sensible person to basket case, if anyone has been through anything similar it would be great to hear from you.
:thumbup:

:hugs: I think you'll be just fine once you've adjusted to the idea of being more pregnant . Your midwife was way out of line and I'd call and request a different one and say why! You need someone to give you their undivided attention for your apt! Your baby was probably sleeping during the scan, don't worry. My baby was very quiet too, but he's fine. It's really normal to be emotional and easily stressed when pregnant. For more support try posting in the 2nd trimester board, they are very helpful and will welcome you! :hugs:

Congrats on your pregnancy and what a surprise to fine out you are 5 weeks ahead of where you thought you were. Don't worry too much about the nuchal scan - they can check many other indicators at the 20 week scan and also do blood tests which will give you the info you need.

As Sevenladybugs said try joining the second trimester board or join the group in this forum that coincides with your due date month - everyone is helpful and supportive and its great to have people due around the same time as you to give advice and share stories with.

Thank you very much for your kind words, I feel little calmer today and really like this forum! Thank again!

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->