ASD and Hypermobility?

B

baby.love

Hi girls

Just a quick question to any ASD mummies, I had an appointment with my DS's SENCO today and she has asked for him to be reffered to Occupational Therapy, to be checked for Hypermobility or anything similar (she didn't say what else)!

Is this something that is common amongst ASD kids?

Its because the way he walks, and also because of his fine motor skills!

:flower:

My LO hasn't been diagnosed with ASD, but he does have hypotonia and hypermobility. His dev.ped. did say both were more common in children with ASD. x

Thanks Sun .. I have a doctors appointment for him next week, so will have to take it from there i guess xx

Makena has ASD and has fine motor issues. They didn't think she was ever going to be able to print etc...but, she is learning. She even learned how to use a button last week!! She still needs help with getting dressed and can't tie shoes, and the button thing isn't quite mastered so she needs elastic waisted pants. She just learned to ride a bike last summer (with training wheels). She is 7 now. People don't quite understand why I am so happy my 7 year old can put a sock on...LOL...but, it is a big deal to us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->