Asda Home Shopping

BabyKing

Mummy & Pregnant
Reaction score
is it just me who has found this service completely useless?
I have used them a few times in the past, and been generally happy, apart from them missing items off my shopping list nearly every time.
Which meant I swapped to Tesco's and never had a problem with them.
I received a voucher code, recently so thought id give asda another try, and OMG.
wish I never had.

My shopping was meant to be delivered yesterday between 4pm-6pm.
Was in the whole day. Got to six and still no shopping.
I gave them half hour then rang to see where it was.
And was told to give my number and someone would contact me.
After two hours and no one contacting me, I rang back unhappy to say the least.
When someone finally got in contact they told me that the driver had tried to deliver at 7.30
COMPLETE LIES.
I never left the house and I have a dog, who barks at the slightest noise from outside, who never alerted us to anyone near the house.
Anyway they cancelled that order and rearranged it for today.
I wake up to a text from them telling me to ring them otherwise my order will be cancelled.
So I ring to be told that payment hasnt gone through and check my statement online which shows the amount has left my account.
I contact the bank who say that the payment is pending.
& basically even though they cancelled the order, they have not cancelled the payment and are trying to take the payment AGAIN.
!!!
I am fuming :growlmad:
My bank gave me a code so they could cancel it and that would release the funds so they can take payment today.
But there customer service department are being so unhelpful.
Taking no responsibility, saying they can't cancel it, only my bank can. Whereas my bank say it's up to Asda!
Pushed from pillar to post.

I rang trading standards as Ive been so appalled with the service.
He told me to email them with my complaint, and send a recorded letter. I have emailed, and will be sending a letter.
Basically he told me that if they take two payments, to tell them I want a full refund and additional costs incurred from my bank as damages.

I will never be using Asda again they are awful.

I stopped using ASDA because of missing goods each time. I now use tescos and have found them a lot better. xxx

Unfortunately, the payment thing happens with Tesco as well. My DH works for them in customer service. It's because they took the payment and couldn't deliver and it takes 3-5 days for the money to go back in that bank. However, they should have informed you of this!

Obviously we order from Tesco because we get a discount :haha: but saying that I've used Asda before and had horrible service. Tesco has always been good and they let you enter notes if you opt for substitutes.

I stopped ordering with asda. They kept sending me the wrong products but not putting them down as substitutes. They also took the amount for shopping 3 times once and didn't think to return the money until I asked for it! It's put me off online shopping now so I just go into Tesco after work.

asda are utter garbage at it

i use sainsburys, they offer one hour time slots, a £5 voucher if your delivery is late and last week there was a problem with my delivery and it wasnt on the van, the store manage himself brought it down to me with a £10 voucher

I have been put off online shopping too
Thank god I've never had a problem with Tescos
And will be sticking to them in future.
It's just the fact they are so unhelpful in trying to solve your complaint.
And they all say exactly the same things when you ring! Scripted much.
Could rip my hair out trying to deal with them.

ASDA customer services. What a joke. I always found them so unhelpful and generally annoying!

i have them once a week and actually find them really good. I do get a bit annoyed when things are subsidised as that does happen often but they always turn up and the drivers are really friendly x

It probably depends on what area you live in as well
I have a local asda
But the shopping delivery service is not picked or delivered from this asda
It comes from one in like London
And I'm in Essex!

Bit stupid
Whereas the Tescos one is picked and delivered from my local store

I have heard so many bad stories about them, I'd love to do online shopping but hace heard so many bad things about them all!

I used to use Asda but stopped due to missing items and ridiculous substitutions. I now use Tesco and haven't had many problems at all, plus their staff are much nicer. they have forgotten afew items and left them in the van or delivered them to another address but the Tesco driver usually realises before i do and comes back with the missing items. lol

Grrrr, speaking of ASDA I ordered some things from george yesterday on next day delivery. I've been in all day and they havent turned up. When I phoned them up the only thing they could say was "we are sorry we dont know where the order is, we can only apologise and call you back tomorrow to let you know if we can find the order."

I told them I'm not waiting in all day for a phone call, the reason I paid extra for next day delivery was so I knew when it was coming! xxx

It is annoying because you have to pay for these things like special time slots and next day delivery so you know when things will arrive and then they balls it up !
Should refund you the extra you had to pay for what they failed on.

I'm starting to hate buying things online now. Had so many problems recently!

My dad ordered an iPad 2 a while ago and the company rang him up asking him how he was getting on with it etc and he hadn't received it. Turned out the delivery driver had nicked it !

My mum works for ASDA home shopping. She works iin the Kinmel Bay store which is a home shpping hub. I was shocked yesterday when she told me that that store supplys home shopping for the whole of North West Wales! That's a big area!!

She also said to opt for an afternoon or eve delivery slot as they get food deliveries in the morning. So if you opt for a morning delivery then your shopping has come from the day before so not as fresh x

I'll be ordering afternoon shopping delivery from everywhere now just incase this is the same for all comapanies.

I spoke to asda about my home delivery for george this morning and they said it is coming today and they are really sorry, the delivery charges will be removed. So let's see if it turns up!

The staff on the phones are really nice, it's just a shame the delivery side of things is rubbish! xxx

I swapped to Tesco because asda always used to send things that would go out of date before I could use them, like 3 packs of fresh meat all going off within the next 2 days what's the point of that!

My dad ordered an iPad 2 a while ago and the company rang him up asking him how he was getting on with it etc and he hadn't received it. Turned out the delivery driver had nicked it !

OMG! That's shocking! How did the driver think he could get away with that?

ASDA have sent me some mega dodgy things before. I ordered some mini apple pies and they sent me some that were 2 weeks out of date! What were they still doing on the shelves?!?

I ordered some nivea q10 with my shopping once, I specified that I did not want a substitution, but low and behold they sent me they nivea q10 tinted flippin moisturizer. Didn't realise until they had gone and when I rang about it they said they couldn't do anything because I had accepted the substitution. (Funny that when it wasn't even written on the substitution area).

Ordering online was about making my life easier. Definitely not the case with asda for me. My workplace is right near tescos now so I can just pop in after work!

I've read sooo many of these types of threads it's unreal; I'm surprised they are still able to operate their online shopping services :dohh: Saying that, I work for Tesco and even I'll admit they're not much better; I once got pork chops substituted for milk :haha::wacko: I have put an order in that's coming tomorrow though because we got a load of vouchers to use online and so I'm gonna take the risk eeeeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->