Asda or Tesco brand nappies

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Julie74d, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Julie74d

Julie74d Well-Known Member

Was just wondering if anybody uses Asda or Tesco brand nappies. Everybody seems to use huggies and pampers but are we just paying extra for the brand name when the stores own brand are just as good!

2. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

I have tried asda and tescos and I would say that the Asda active fit ones are better than the tesco ones in terms of fit and absorption. In fact the are just as good as the Pampers active fit.

3. jessr123

jessr123 Well-Known Member

I prefer tesco's nappies as they fit LO better. I found with Pampers his balls stuck to the liner of the nappy no matter how often I changed him, and Huggies tended to leak around the legs.

4. ruth222

ruth222 Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2

I am using Asda active fit nappies at the mo which are fine, but I do like pampers as you can get a jumbo box for a tenner, so to be honest the Asda ones don't work out that much cheaper than the pampers ones, and I think pampers are softer.

5. HannahGraceee

HannahGraceee *Hanny Spammy*

Ive tried saisnburys ones and morrisons onces and i think there quite good!! :) but they dont work out much cheap then the pampers ones from asda like someone said, and they have really cute designs LOL x

6. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

I use asdas nappies,huggies leak around the legs and pampers didnt fit too well round the tops of his legs(cos hes a bit chunky lol)...however,hes started to sleep from 11pm to around 4/4.30am and the asda ones leak a little(just a little damp patch on his vest)when the nappy is really wet...so we bought some pampers baby dry for night time but we only end up using 1 a day...

Other than that the asda ones are great xxx

7. kirstyderby

kirstyderby Mum of 2 TTC#3

I think asda nappies r gud, as i have 2 kids in nappies they r 3 for £10 so that work out beta for me. Every1 says huggies r crap but i dont think so. The best thing 2 do is buy each brand n try it.

8. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Ive used Tesco's and Morrisons own brand ones and never had a problem with either, i usually use a mix of huggies and one of those just to keep costs down a little

9. jojo1974

jojo1974 mum of 3 >3

i use the tescos ones ad no problem at all with them , jacobs in the size 3 and there only £2.99 x

10. kmh2009

kmh2009 Well-Known Member

we use asda little angels ones and i think they are just as good as huggies (whch are my fave brand)

11. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

i use asda or tesco ones (depending on where i happened to have shopped) during the day and pampers at night-we've stopped changing his nappy at the 3am feed coz it woke him up loads and the pampers ones last longer without getting too full and leaking

12. lorrilou

lorrilou Well-Known Member

i normally use pampers or huggies but sometimes use tescos or asdas nappies too and for me there's not really much difference. ive bought tescos nappies for the new baby, cant go wrong at £1.69 for 26.

13. Lil_Baby_Boo

Lil_Baby_Boo Well-Known Member

I can't rave enough about Asda's little angels........they're the only ones that don't leak at night!!

Have even converted the childminder!!

3 packs for £10 is bargin too!!!!

14. candeur

candeur Well-Known Member

I prefer Asdas to Tesco nappies x

15. sublime_ivy

sublime_ivy Well-Known Member

I have just started using asda nappies as they are on offer and they seem fine. I used pampers baby dry a lot and they are great too but the Asda ones seem to do the same thing at night.

16. Kiree

Kiree proud mammy of 2 boys

I've used pampers,huggies, asda and tesco and have stuck with asda, the comfort dry version as they seem to last overnight x

17. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

We have jsut started using Tesco ones and are having no problems... we've had more leaks with pampers and huggies than we have with tesco!

We bought 54 for £3 today to :D

18. Emsy26

Emsy26 Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx

Second that. No leaks at all and Theo wets alot xx

19. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

I found \morrisons own brand were good and even go as far as to say BETTER than pampers or huggies as I have problems with both,, and just bought 3 for £10 little angels at Asda and they are great. The softness of pampers and the protection of the morrisons. Havent tried tescos yet. :)

20. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I use Tesco, OHs mum buy Huggies for him but thats her money to spend!