Asian ladies please help with a name spelling

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
Ok so I want to send a card to my neighbour and don't know how to spell her name

I know you pronounce it " me ha " but very much doubt it is spelt like this ? She's from Saudia Arabia if that helps ?

Many many thanks :thumbup:

Not sure -- Maahir maha meena meer Mina minhaj

You could say to my neighbours at ?? :shrug:

Don't put a name just from ???

Could do with waiting for postman and asking :haha:

I agree with asking the postman if you spot him, or perhaps just put something like 'To my dearest neighbour at...' - it could be a name with multiple spellings (like Amy/Aimee). Or do you know her last name at all? Because then you could put 'To the ...'s'

When I didn't know my neighbours' names I just put "to all at..". Then I signed with my name and house number incase they didn't know either!

Thanks everyone the post man idea is great

I know her quite well as we've done a couple of play dates so would like to write her name in the card..I'm hoping she posts me one first :)

Thanks everyone the post man idea is great

I know her quite well as we've done a couple of play dates so would like to write her name in the card..I'm hoping she posts me one first :)

Ha that'd be lovely wouldn't it?
I'm waiting for my neighbours to do the same but last year they just put "love all at number 136"
But shes told me her name since then and i can not remember!

Mahra (sometimes pronounced as Meh-ra? Meera? Maha? Those are common names in Saudi Arabia.

And Saudi Arabia is the Middle East, it's in Asia but we dont refer to this area as Asia or the name as Asian, it's Arabic name, & Arabic country are in Middle east & north Africa know as the MENA region. :flower:

:thumbup: thanks so I will go with that then and I'm sure if it is wrong she wont mind at all, at least I tried :)

Also while we are here. I'd like to invite her round for dinner as she does not know anyone and hasn't yet made any friends, but I am a little worried about what to cook. Do I go vegetarian, or let her know I can buy halal meat ( no problem with buying that here ) but then I'm worried she would worry I hadn't actually bought halal...god I'm such a worrier lol

Maybe I should just ask her round for the evening without dinner, but I like to feed people when they come over :wacko:

I'd just do something veggie for the first meal you invite her to, but not something hardcore veggie, just something that non-veggies normally eat like pizza, pasta etc. Or you could do something mostly veggie but with meat she can opt out of. After that you can ask her what kind of meat she eats. Or just ask beforehand, it's quite normal to ask somebody if they have any special requirements before inviting them round for food... I always let people know I'm vegetarian, OH and the kids don't eat pork, none of us have alcohol etc.

Thank you

Ok good idea just to do pizza/pasta & salad and yes the pork thing is a no no ( hate it anyways )

Whenever I think vegetarian I get all flustered as I'm not the best at cooking, but course pasta is an option

I wish I lived next door to you. You sound like a lovely neighbour!

I agree with Jchihuahua you sound like a lovely neighbour.

I'm not sure about the name but I think if you're going to cook meat just let her know you've got halal so she's not worried about offending you by asking or trying to avoid the meat! I'm sure vegetarian would be nice too.

Even if you keep it simple I'm sure she'd appreciate the gesture especially as she doesn't know many people.

I was just going to say I wish you were my neighbour :blush:

Thanks ladies. I know what it's like to live in a different country with no friends, I had some great neighbours and it made such a difference to my life there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->