Ask any questions :)

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am not a parent or in a same sex relationship however from a young age I have been brought up by my mother and her partner who are in a same sec relationship.

Not sure if it would be of help but if anyone wanted to ask anyone questions I just thought I'd introduce myself and say "ask away".

If not then Hi anyway :) xx

Awww thats really kind of you, ermmm ok let me think of a question?????

Do you think it has affected you in anyway having being bought up in a same sex family. For example at school or your confidence. Not sure just throwing it out there?xx

At school yes. I have always been open about it as I am proud to be their daughter. my friends understood, especially after I explain how I see it as having two parents (I have no contact with my father) and how well I have been brought up. I spoke about it as others would speak about their parents I.e my mum and dad went on holiday I'd say my mum and ****** went on holiday so I didn't make a bigdeal.

However, particualry, boys would try and bring me down and make it "wrong" asking the usual "you must be horrified" and "do you see/hear them having sex?" and "I have to meet your mum".

I learnt very quickly that by not reacting they stopped and it became the norm for people at school to know about it.

Confidence no. My mum and her partner have always supported me in choices. I have a father (my mum was married many moons ago) whom I don't see. They have brought me up to be very open minded about life and to accept people for who they are.
For me I have two parents. That's not abnormal or weird or wrong to me and to anyone who has an issue with it, I walk away as they arnt who I'd want in my life.

I hope that answered your questions.
Xx

Great, thats what I was hoping you would say!

Thanks for your thread :flower: xx

Your welcome. Il keep bumping this up for others to see.

If no one wants to ask on this thread can pm me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->