Aspergers

Buttercupbabi

Reaction score
Hi all,

My little boy has been agreed for more funding at preschool basically will receive 5 hours for one to one help. Now I've been contacted by early years to refer my little boy to a paediatrician and when I looked into it, it looks like they want to get him seen for aspergers. Looking up aspergers my little boy pretty much ticks 9 of the 10 most common symptoms.

Has anyone gone through this with the paediatrician and what should I expect?

Thank you xxx

My son's not long been through the process been diagnosed with autism. He has a pedestrian he's under and sees her every 6 months though we're it's nearly a year since we seen her last at that last appointment he was referred to the autism assessment team who diagnosed him as being on the spectrum. We are in the UK not sure if any of that helps you. I've got to say I though when he got his diagnoses it would open the door to support as in groups clubs that sort of thing I've been extremely disappointed in the lack of support handed a bunch of leaflets told to apply for dla and that it.
Xx

They no longer diagnosis aspergers in the UK. Everything autism related is now called ASD autistic spectrum disorder.

You find everyone has a different experience for diagnosis. Its harder when they are younger, as some behaviours are age and development related as suposed to a neuro developmental condition.

First appointments are normally a bit of a life history, your family history and current sturggles

be prepared to wait is all I can say my daughter is coming on 2 years of being under peadatric reviews. first autism looked likely then it didnt. then it might be. its hugely frustrating so dont expect to find out straight away. the process is different for everyone but pretty much everyone i have spoken to has had to wait considerable time for a diagnosis. try not to google it too much you will only end up fretting . wait until you speak to the doctor. I Wish I Had

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->