Asprin or no asprin?

suffolksarah

Reaction score
Hi all, a friend of mine has had 2 mc and was recommended to take baby asprin when ttc, as it can thin your blood. I know this is recomended for people with certian blood conditions, but would it hurt if i were to take it when i get bfp? i have read that low doses are fine and may prevent mc? anyone else tried it or are going to? Cheers xx

Yup, my FS recommended starting low dose asprin after you get a BFP (can interfere with implantation if you start earlier). She said that she recommends it to all women who've had losses because it doesn't hurt.

Hi ladies, i was wondering this too myself, im ttc now (6dpo) and have had 2 mcs last year (straight after each other) in july & oct.:cry:

I asked my doctor about taking it if i was to get my bfp & he basically said its up to me it wont hurt to take it but then again he didnt think it would do much good either. He thinks my mcs are down to bad luck alone but then again i havent had any tests done because i have to have 3 mcs before anyone will test me for anything :nope:

I do have 2 girls aged 10 & 3 so maybe it is bad luck about my 2 mcs who knows. All i know is im confused wether to take it or not next time.

It is supposed to help get better blood flow to the uterus and to help prevent blood clots from forming. I have had two miscarriages and have MTHFR. I wasn't on it before but have started taking when we decided to TTC again. I figure if it can't hurt but may help I am gonna try it.

baby aspirin is a low enough dose that if you take it after your bfp it could help and it won't hurt. Good luck ladies

thanks ladies this is good information. does it count will missed miscarraiges too?

I started taking baby aspirin as soon as I got my BFP after my loss as well. One reason some women have to take baby aspirin is because there body rejects the embryo. It thanks it is harmfull to the body so it causes the blood to form clots around it to prevent the embryo from receiveing oxygen, therefore causeing a MC. Baby aspirin is a blood thinner, therfore it prevents the blood from clotting. This is why my friend had to take it.

did you stop taking it at 12 weeks??? and did it worry you to stop?

My dr told me to take it every day, and if I do get pregnant to continue taking it until I get closer to delivery and then we would go from there.

So do you take it whilst TTC or once you get your BFP? ive read both so dont know which one will be more effective x

I'm wondering the same question as Poppy. Should I just start taking it now or start it once I get the bfp? Does it matter?

Thank you!

Was just reading and a member said its better to take once you get your BFP because otherwise it will be harder to implant due to thinning of the blood??

Oh eck hope someone confirms which ways best :haha:

Hi all, thanks for the replies.
I herd both aswell. some people are saying take it after bfp others say b4 as can help ov and helps thicken the wall lining so its more likely to stick. but i am thinking if it doesn't do any harm, and it may help then thats a good thing , isnt it??? xxx

I think im going to take it once i get a bfp!
But im worried about when to stop taking it????

I think im going to take it once i get a bfp!
But im worried about when to stop taking it????

I think some people have been told to stop it at 12 weeks, others stop at 38 weeks. But i think once the baby is living off the placenta, it gets it own blood not ours? Is that right? xx

umm im not entirly sure hun, maybe someone will know?
So does the placenta take over at 12 weeks? sure ive read that somewhere so 12 weeks would be an ideal time to stop right?

I believe the planta has taken over by 12 weeks, thats when they told me to stop progesterone if I get a bfp.

I've been wondering about this too. When I was in my third pregnancy I asked the midwife at epu and asked the GP. Both said I didn't need to take it so I didn't. I ended up with huge blood clot in the womb and within two weeks we noticed that my baby wasn't getting bigger and eventually miscarried. I'm not too sure whether to do it this time or not as I've had blood tests done and so far they've came back clear (just waiting on the final ones due any day now before actively trying again).

Hi Ladies just popped over from 1st Tri.

I have had 3 mc. I had all tests and they said there is no reason for me to take the asprin but it wouldnt do any harm if I felt I wanted to try it. I waited until I got my BFP went straight to docs and he prescribed 75mg x1 aday. I have been told to continue until I reach 34 weeks. You have to stop so your blood can thicken back up for the birth.

So far I am nearly 12 weeks I have had 2 scans and everything is going well. I say give it a try if you can, it worked for me.

Hope this helps goodluck to you all. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->