assisted suicide - terminally ill patients.

C

cherryglitter

i am so for this!
it's for people who are terminally ill and have been given less than one year to live.

obviously i understand the 'against' side to this too. but i really think it should be allowed. if someone has the capacity to physically take the medication themselves and be able to make that decision on their own then i don't see why not.

I agree too. I don't want to die losing my dignity, not knowing who either myself or my family are etc. OH's already told me he'd probably kill himself or would like to if he ended up like that and had no quality of life.

I don't like thinking about it because I'm scared of death but in general I agree with it.

I'm probably gonna come across as so ignorant but what made you start the thread? Is it in the news again or something? xx

it's on the news :)
they're campaigning for it again. i really think it should be allowed. this sounds awful for me to say this, but it would save money on the NHS too as the need for palliative care would decrease.

I'm not sure on this subject.

I'm not sure if you read some of my threads about my fiances granddad dying? He died on the 14th of December. He had terminal cancer and my Fiance and his dad were the only people in the family that knew it was terminal the rest of the family didn't, not even granddad himself (They found out last July). But when it came down to the last day in the hospice they could see by his eyes (He couldnt even talk or swallow by the end of it, his tube to his stomach was completely blocked) that he was telling them he couldn't suffer the pain anymore so my FIL told them to turn off the oxygen.

I'd rather not see them suffer anymore.

The only thing that was keeping granddad alive was the drugs they were pumping him with. He should of died days before he did but they kept him alive which I think is wrong. When theres no hope for someone in a hospice and they will not be able to get well, I really don't see why they should be left to suffer in pain any longer than they have too.

that's awful myfirstnoodle :cry: it really is distressing to see people in that position.

that's awful myfirstnoodle :cry: it really is distressing to see people in that position.

It was very sad :( What made it even harder was my Fiance had gone through the same thing with his nan (Mothers mum) 18 months earlier when she had Bone cancer...and his other nan (Dads mum) 2 years before that to lung cancer. None of them could talk at the end....their eyes done all the talking and you could see they were suffering.

3 grandparents in under 5 years. It was very sad especially to see such a big man (DF, FIL and granddad) are really tall well built men and there was nothing of granddad at the end.

This is a tuff subject for me as my Dad had terminal cancer and was given less than a year to live when i was 15...........he suffered alot and i remember one night i heard him screaming and crying in pain and begging my mum to kill him.

I think that suicide and and assisted suicide should be made legal altogether not just for the terminally ill with less than a year to live...........somthing doesnt sit right with that for me becuase to me its seems more to do with saving money and not having to look after these poor people and making them as comfortable as possible until they pass away iykwim xxx

im very for this, in the right circumstances!

i work in a care home which is basically mostly pallative care (those who are terminal and the home is the 'last' stop) its sooo distressing seeing someone who is in so much pain and just clinging on.

it should have conditions on it such as:-

*terminally ill people who want to die.
*it should be in a controlled environment such as a care home/hospital/home administered by a dr ect.
*in my opinion it shouldnt be left to relatives to decide at all - i have seen far too many people who are only waiting for the person to die to get their inheritance (they make my blood boil!)

but it should def be legal xx

Its your life why shouldnt you decide what you do with it? shouldnt that be your right to end it if you wish to? I am for this.

I'm for it. Obviously it would have to be like Dignitas where its official and family members wouldn't be prosecuted then why not.

If it was me I wouldn't want to watch my family suffer and nor would I want to suffer myself. :shrug:

same as me babydevil, i was a carer too. it's horrific what some people go through and i don't think it should be allowed sometimes. it's really sad to watch people waste away :cry:

I was a carer to. Seeing family visit relatives that where badly contorted from strokes and had alzimers, partkinsons all sorts actually made me cry. One man broke my heart. He just looked out the window all day long in his bed. Didnt know his family at all couldnt commicate with any one. Sounds like hell dosnt it.

My nan had Alzheimers and it was heart breaking watching her go through all she did. She had it for 12 years before she died in May 2008. She was so independent and didn't need anyone to help her with anything and then she slowly slowly got worse, in 2003 she moved into a care home so she could get round the clock care and she stayed there until she passed away.
I suppose I am for it because of what I have seen with my nan. I know she would absolutely hate having people do everything for her and seeing us all upset and sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->