Asthma and labor

BigZai

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with labor because of asthma? My breathing has gotten worse during pregnancy and i am curious/worried that i will have trouble breathing when i give birth.
My mother has asthma and she said she didn't have any problems but my asthma is worse then hers

Hi bigzai..I to have asthma and only very really gets worse whilst pregnant an in the summer...this is my 4th baby an havent really had any problems during labour with it,as long as I take my inhales,my advice would b to concentrate on ur breathing during labour Hun.....
From the uk and my MW has told me to take both my inhales to hospital,as they dnt provide them?!so mite b a good idea to get some spare to pack in ur hospital bag Hun! Try not to worry/panic Hun...:flower:

Thank you for responding, I be sure to have it with me and an extra in case. I was just worried because breathing is a big part of labor.

Thank you for responding, I be sure to have it with me and an extra in case. I was just worried because breathing is a big part of labor.

Yeah I agree... I found the MW in hospital really helpful and reasurring, with really does help alot to keep u calm and relaxed as much as!

I have asthma too, but it's been very well controlled during my pregnancy. I asked my allergist if this was going to be a problem and he said absolutely not. So long as I take my inhalers as needed, labor/delivery should not complicate things. He also said I could request oxygen if I felt out of breath, so maybe something you could ask your MW?

Hi, I have asthma too. This is now my 3rd baby. My asthma has always been hard to control during pregnancy but I have never had any issues while in labour x

Hey I am Asthmatic too and am finding myself getting breathless as well; I am thinking that once things start moving, if you have any problems the nurses will be there to help you xxx

I was fine during labour, didnt take my inhaler once, I was a bit worried about the G&A affecting my breathing but it didnt. Im finding my asthma a bit hard to manage at the moment, due to being big and it being so hot but hopefully once baby drops a bit more it will get a bit better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->