Asthma

sopho

Mother of 3 expecting #4
Reaction score
Hi all.
Has anybody elses asthma suddenly got worse during pregnancy?I'm 19 weeks now and have been having flare ups.I'm having to have steroids as my breathing has gone so bad.. Dr seems to think it's related to pregnancy?

Anybody else?

I have asthma too, but I haven't had any flare ups or anything. But, I'm already on an inhaled steroid for it, so that's probably a factor. It's getting harder to breathe as I go along but that's more due to him getting bigger and space for my lungs decreasing. Still, it's a little panic inducing sometimes. Hope it clears up for you soon!

I developed asthma in my last pregnancy when I never had it before. It went away after he was born but came back a couple of years later.

My first pregnancy my Asthma was really bad, like from 2nd trimester.
X

Yep unfortunately. Only this pregnancy though so im not sure whats up with that. Its frustrating though.

I ended up being put on oral steroids..really worried re: side effects in pregnancy but Dr said the lack of oxygen and me struggling on would do more damage... so it's only for 5 days till I'm better x

I've just finished a 5 day course of oral steroids too - mine was fine up until about a week ago and then got really bad. The oral steroids have done the job for now, fingers crossed they aren't needed again at any time!

Asthma usually either gets worse or gets better in pregnancy. Mine actually got better, so much so that I started to forget to take my daily inhaler (morning sickness helped with that too as I could focus on little else but how miserable I felt). I actually went off my inhaler completely after 1st tri and I'm 3 years pp now and haven't gone back on the daily one and just use my ventolin inhaler as needed. So it actually helped mine, but yes, it's very normal for it to go one way or the other. Take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do to be comfortable and make sure you're breathing as easily as possible.

Feel so much better after the tablets. .so nice to breathe.... fingers crossed for no more flare ups.thank u all for ur replies..and hope u are all well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->