Asthma

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Well I have been diagnosed with mild asthma which really is only symptomatic when i get respiratory infections. I have had a cough for month which recently got a lot worse, I am up all night coughing til I throw up. I have been given an inhaler called Flixotide Diskus, does anyone use this?
Anyone else have the same kind of asthma as me?
This is all very new to me .

Well I have been diagnosed with mild asthma which really is only symptomatic when i get respiratory infections. I have had a cough for month which recently got a lot worse, I am up all night coughing til I throw up. I have been given an inhaler called Flixotide Diskus, does anyone use this?

Hiya i have mild ashtma and used to suffer from really bad chest infections, i too used to have a barking cough that would make me throw up.

The doctor gave me Evohaler (blue one)

flixotide is a preventer, so needs to be taken regularly to prevent any attacks - the blue one is usually salbutamol which is the reliever (to be use when attacks starts) Hope that helps

I've got severe asthma but because I rarely ever take my inhalers.. they don't work, meant to use them 3 times a day and get it into my system but always forget.

Neither of mine are called that though :/

I have mild asthma too..Diagnosed as "seasonal". I start to feel it when I have been outside in the cold, or inside with the central heating on. The air dries my chest and it's awful.

I have a Ventolin Evohaler, which is Salbutamol, the blue one, which I have to take when I feel the start of an attack. I have had to take it 4 nights in a row now because I have a cough anyway, and it's so blimming hot at work!

I also have a brown one, which is the preventer, and I think is some kind of steriod, but I'm not 100% sure, but I have to take that in the mornings.

Hiya

I too have very recently been diagnosed with mild asthma.

I had a cough for a good 3 months that turned into a chest infection over christmas and that sparked off this asthma thing. Im very new to this too, so im trying to get to grips with it all.

I have the Evohaler-blue one. I was offered the other inhaler to take twice a day to prevent ashtma attacks. Is this a better inhalor to take or the evohaler?

i have had asthma for 20yrs (since i was 7). i have been on loads of different inhalers over the time. at the moment i am on ventolin/salbutamol (blue) 4x a day PLUS as and when i need it and purple diskus inhaler morning and night.

Ok, perhaps I am thinking that I do have this afterall.

For the past few years, at the same time, it started off with a cold and then I've coughed for months after. Same thing as you, at night and coughing until I gag.

A few weeks ago, after a few months of this, I went to a doctor who said I have this asthma and I have an inhaler.

But it's not getting better (at the same time, I forget to do the inhaler soemtimes) so I have been thinking it's due to my smoking. But perhaps it's the smoking that's not helping this type of asthma at all anyhow. I will be quitting the habit soon.

Hey hun did they test you for asthma??
If so maybe your meds need changing, but like you said it could be the smoking as it certainly won't be helping:)

Hey hun did they test you for asthma??
If so maybe your meds need changing, but like you said it could be the smoking as it certainly won't be helping:)

I am going to get a second opinion from my doctor. I was just starting to think that maybe I didn't have it as I've never heard of it starting off with a cold, until today. So, there are others out there going through what I have.

I do think that perhaps I am not using the inhaler properly or maybe it needs changing to another type, and that the smoking isn't helping (for obvious reasons).

Going to make an appointment with my doctor and get his opinion on this asthma. But symptoms are just like others on here.

If you think your not using your inhaler properly ask for a spacer, they help to make sure your getting all the meds from each puff:)

I know over here they test for asthma by taking a peak flow reading, giving you a puff on meds and then taken another reading, the reading will usually improve :)

Hope you get a second opinion and let me know what happens :)

Thanks, will do! Been reading up some on this and it points to the fact that I have this mild asthma, just like the first doctor told me. So it won't surprise me if my doctor confirms it.

good luck leeanne, mine has been good up until a few days ago, when i get breathless i just take the round disc inhaler with the meds that crack open. seems to help prevent if you take it on time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->