At home BLOOD pregnancy test

S

sgail8

So. Ok. I'm not TTC, but I have a friend who is claiming she took an at home blooD pregnancy test. I'm extremely skeptical mainly cause I've been on this board for over 10 years and have never heard of one Could you imagine the poas ladies being able to blood test whenever? I even googled just in case this was a new product. She had taken tests last week, all negative. She's 18y and quite baby feverish.
But she said she spotted today and took a blood test and it came out positive. So I figured she meant dr. She then said he husband knows, and I asked how he was because they were supposed to wait being so young. Then she said he wasn't at home when she did it. And I was like what?
Has anyone heard of a blood pregnancy test at home?
She's getting pissy cause I keep telling her to go to doctor. She's going to school to be an EMT in the spring, so she told me "I know what I'm doing"
I'm more worried she has an ectopic, but now think she's lying

With certain brands of hpt you can use spinned plasma and it is as accurate as a dr office.If she just put blood on a hpt(which is likely) it often gives false positives.

I seriously doubt she knows that but found that out googling. Like how did she prick her finger? But I guess she could've googled it. After testing last week she said she bought a pack of hpts off amazon.
Just messaged her asking if she used her hpts and she got even more pissy and was like "No. It was a blood test. I ordered blood tests too"

My SIL has some pregnancy tests that can be used with urine or blood. Up until she gave me one, I'd never seen one like that. She got them from her doctor's office but I would bet that you could also find them online somewhere.

The say blood test on them? Or you can just happen to use blood like all pregnancy tests

Cause I've asked a couple of times if they could be urine and she said no, 100% only blood at home pregnancy test that she ordered online. I'm trying to find any online and cannot

She now posted that she miscarried because she -finally- went to doctor and they told her she had no hcg hormones in her blood. Zero. And so she told her husband that means she miscarried and had her hormones drop to that in less than 5 hours....

This is offensive to people who have had real miscarriages. The pain is immense

I just want proof she's freaking lying about the "blood test". She saved all of the urine ones she took last week. But magically "threw this one away"

You have your proof. No results on Google for where she bought it. Also find a chart showing how long it takes HCG levels to drop after miscarriage. Sorry she's being such a drama queen

It's mainly messing with me because I've been through two 2nd trimester miscarriages that were so traumatic and one 9 wks one. All miscarriages are truly heartbreaking. And even chemical pregnancy can make one sad. And every mom has the right.

But the doctor told her she hadn't been pregnant recently, bc you can track how long it takes for hormones to drop.

And since my last post she's blasted on fb that she actually miscarried! It's just hurting me so much.

I posted in the miscarriage coping board, but no one has replied

I am so sorry for your losses and for your friend's selfishness.

I can empathize with her because I've driven myself insane with stress believing I am pregnant when I am not.... but I draw the line at lying about it.

Hell, I'm not willing to call February the chemical I believe in my heart that it was out of respect for women who have had chemicals with BFPs. I had colostrum/milk, Braxton Hicks, and the worst period since Paragard but never a positive test so I feel it is lying to call it a chemical.

I don't think you're going to be able to convince her to admit her lie. You can set Facebook posts to only be visible to certain people, or exclude certain people. If you don't want to block her, perhaps you could use the post privacy feature to share what you believe she did/what has happened and your perspective on it, hiding it from her & anyone who believes her? That way you could get support from your network without the argument/drama being continued

But see those are private moments. Chemical pregnancies. Early pregnancy loss. It still hurts. I know it does. The hope, just gone. But to post you had a miscarriage. for everyone to see. Disgusting. She had told me two weeks ago her husband wasn't paying any attention to her anymore and they just married in November. It was the next day she "felt pregnant". But they could've kept that all private and she could've gotten her attention.

I set the post where it's hidden. I got tired of focusing on how she now has 60+ comments

You focused on it longer than she deserved. I hope she understands someday why her lies were so wrong

Thank you for responding at least. I don't wanna expose her, so all friends are ruled out. Just my husband and I know since we got the original texts when she was at hospital saying it wasn't anything but a late period

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->