At home ICI

Shanlee16

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I haven’t been around this site in a long time now as last time we were TTC and successfully had our little girl. Well now we are trying again for #2 but this time we would like to go the route of at hole insemination with donor sperm. I should be ovulating this upcoming week and we have a donor who will be providing on site so I’m looking for any suggestions or tips hat any of you ladies have used! Thanks!!

Hello do you have success with home insemination ? Sorry it’s late to ask but just checking since we are in same boat trying home insemination

Hey I'm also doing home insemination with a donor. Until now (5 cycles so far) no success (well we'll see about the fifth in 4 days actually). I am doing the cup and syringe method.

Hey I'm also doing home insemination with a donor. Until now (5 cycles so far) no success (well we'll see about the fifth in 4 days actually). I am doing the cup and syringe method.
Hey good to know that there is someone trying in same line. We use only syringe and lay back with hip lifted by pillow for 30 minutes or so. Not using cup due to little hesitation or inconvenient feel. But it looks like once we inseminated all sperms flows back out so worried much , we hope something still would have got in where it needs to go.We also waiting for this cycle to be successful, will come to know in couple of days. Lot of baby dust to you ! Wish and hoping our journey should get success what we want. It’s touch journey :)

There’s quite a few of us doing this method! I’ve been trying for over a year, got pregnant first time but sadly ended in miscarriage. Am still going with same donor some ten months later. Fingers crossed for you! It can and does work!

There’s quite a few of us doing this method! I’ve been trying for over a year, got pregnant first time but sadly ended in miscarriage. Am still going with same donor some ten months later. Fingers crossed for you! It can and does work!
Oh sorry to hear about first one went MC. good luck for you in your journey. Unfortunately it did not work for us this time :(

Also can you let me know what method you follow for insemination ? So far you trying one method of insemiantion or multiple methods ?

Sorry to hear you didn't succeed this cycle. I also got a bfn, moving on to February with a big sadness.
I am putting the cup in only after I inseminate with the syringe because of leakage, but I don't think it betters our chances.
@Cinderella, great to hear there are more of us out there!

Sorry to hear you didn't succeed this cycle. I also got a bfn, moving on to February with a big sadness.
I am putting the cup in only after I inseminate with the syringe because of leakage, but I don't think it betters our chances.
@Cinderella, great to hear there are more of us out there!
Agree you you Nima but how do you make it that sooner once you remove the syringe and you insert the cup sooner. There is very fraction second left to insert cup before that leakage is not possibly happening already ? Anyways great stuff what you doing

So this is how we do it step by step (tmi, naturally):
1. Our donor puts the sperm in a plastic container and then in the syringe, and leaves it on the bedside.
2. Hips elevated on a pillow, I put the syringe in and push very slowly until it's empty.
3.Wait about 5-15 minutes, sometimes with some fun in the meantime (If I'm with my partner we save the fun part for after I remove the syringe for comfort reasons...)
4. Remove the syringe and put the cup in while laying down
5. Obsess about everything possible for 2 more weeks

Note: we do not wait for the sperm to liquify since I can't stop imagining all the swimmers are dying in the meantime... some people say it's necessary though. I couldn't find any scientific evidence for either way.

What a strange recipe.... Good luck!

So this is how we do it step by step (tmi, naturally):
1. Our donor puts the sperm in a plastic container and then in the syringe, and leaves it on the bedside.
2. Hips elevated on a pillow, I put the syringe in and push very slowly until it's empty.
3.Wait about 5-15 minutes, sometimes with some fun in the meantime (If I'm with my partner we save the fun part for after I remove the syringe for comfort reasons...)
4. Remove the syringe and put the cup in while laying down
5. Obsess about everything possible for 2 more weeks

Note: we do not wait for the sperm to liquify since I can't stop imagining all the swimmers are dying in the meantime... some people say it's necessary though. I couldn't find any scientific evidence for either way.

What a strange recipe.... Good luck!
Nice step by step narration. Hope we get our luck soon in February ( know it is very high hopes )

So you wait with syringe inserted after emptying and holding it inside for 15 minutes ?

If not liquify is it easy to suck it into syringe ?

What’s your address experience with air bubbles ?

Nice step by step narration. Hope we get our luck soon in February ( know it is very high hopes )

So you wait with syringe inserted after emptying and holding it inside for 15 minutes ?

If not liquify is it easy to suck it into syringe ?

What’s your address experience with air bubbles ?
There is a typo in my last message.

I was just meant to ask “what’s your experience with air bubbles” ?

Lol air bubbles are the enemy... not really. I try to avoid them but it's not always possible, and I guess that's good enough. Sperm doesn't die sooo quickly, otherwise half of us wouldn't have been here.
Suction into the syringe is really easy so I think it's not too bad that we aren't waiting.

And yes, I wait with the syringe inside because I find afterwards there's much less leakage.

Good luck in February! I hope you get lucky quickly. :dust:

Hi everyone,

I was on this site years ago with a community of women ttc with at-home-insemination with donor sperm. The thread listed in my signature is many of their tips/success stories on at-home insemination methods. I'm 36 now (almost 37!) and hoping for kid #3. I have just recently got a bfp on my 2nd cycle trying. I use the Instead cup method (the donor leaves his sperm right in the cup and then I insert it carefully and then press the inside of the plastic up a bit to ensure the sperm makes contact with my cervix. I leave the cup in place for a good 6 hours). I've had really great success with this method (3 bfps).

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!

Hi everyone,

I was on this site years ago with a community of women ttc with at-home-insemination with donor sperm. The thread listed in my signature is many of their tips/success stories on at-home insemination methods. I'm 36 now (almost 37!) and hoping for kid #3. I have just recently got a bfp on my 2nd cycle trying. I use the Instead cup method (the donor leaves his sperm right in the cup and then I insert it carefully and then press the inside of the plastic up a bit to ensure the sperm makes contact with my cervix. I leave the cup in place for a good 6 hours). I've had really great success with this method (3 bfps).

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!
Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back