At this stage is 1lb a week, even with bmi over 30 ok?

I would say so hun. Ive gained 4lb total this pregnancy so far and my midwife is very happy with that although my bmi is higher than urs. Baby will get what it needs from you and keep growing.

I wish I'd only gained 4 so far! I'm definately nearing the 2 stone mark! I could cry! My bmi was 31 at booking!

My OB told me I didn't need to gain anything....at the next appointment id put on 6-8lbs :/

I've decided that trying to watch my calories and not gain when I can't work out because of SPD is driving me nuts. Ill lose it after the baby, when I can move and eat normally again lol

Id say just eat when your hungry, and aim for healthy(ish) foods :)

Thanks, Ive started getting horrible braxton hicks whenever I walk for more than a few minutes so I'm really going to have to be careful now as I'm not getting as much exercise. I go through phases where I will eat bad and then healthy, it's hard when you're bored too!

I thought 1 pound a week was for 36 weeks and on... For me that would be too much. I have a higher bmi and my doc wanted me under 15 pounds total for the whole pregnancy (so far I haven't gained any)

How much have u gained if u don't mind me asking?i have a high bmi and I've gained 16 pounds so far,was doing so well but not now

Well if I go by what they weighed me at (which was more than my scales at home) I have put on 18lbs so far x

That doesn't seem bad,I haven't been told what I should gain,I'm trying my best to b healthy but days I'm craving chocolate its so hard

If I had been a better bmi before hand I would think my 18lbs was good but with my being a bmi 31 it feels so bad!x

If I had been a better bmi before hand I would think my 18lbs was good but with my being a bmi 31 it feels so bad!x

Yeah that's how im feeling too!at the beginning it went on really slowly and then suddenly a lot faster

I am 5'11 and started my pregnancy at 230, went down to 195ish(yay!) And am now back up to 210. Im hoping post baby a lot of it will just fall off as I plan to BF and im already 32 weeks, but I also plan to get back to the gym. But omg chocolate. I want chocolate everything. Chocolate dipped fruit, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, chocolate ice cream. I am going nuts. Speaking of which....chocolate covered nuts. Yum :)

I just try and take little pieces here and there, and eat a really rich chocolate so it doesn't take as much to satisfy me.

I had bmi of 31 at booking in and I'm now 30 weeks. I've not weighed myself since that first app. I felt like I was doing well until the last week or so when I feel loads bigger. I've started wanting sugary foods which I hadn't until recently and now I'm worried about gaining loads in the last few weeks.

I'm intending on cutting the sugar from now, not sure I'll manage it but I know it's not good for me or baby so it needs to stop. The majority of my diet is pretty good it's just this recent sugar hit, just eaten a big bag of popcorn and a doughnut.

I don't want to be a fat mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->