at week 7, just needing to express myself!

Ellie001

Reaction score
Hi all,
Feel free to read if you want, I am just needing to write about my pregnancy this far and how I am feeling about it. I don't really have anyone to have a long conversation with about my pregnancy because I don't want to seem like that is all I care about in life. I had a friend who did this when I was desperately wanting to be pregnant and it annoyed the fire out of me. But I feel like this is a safe place to express myself without annoying anyone.

My Emotional State
First of all, I am seven weeks pregnant.:happydance: I feel as if this is a major milestone and I am finally beginning to accept the fact that things can just as easily go well. In my previous weeks, I have been down trodden with the worry that I might miscarry or something will go wrong. I still know that this is very much a possibility, but it's not worrying me as much.
I have also been in a pretty good mood except for a few minor mood swings. I have just been too tired and nauseous to deal with too much nonsense.

My Symptoms
I have been so exhausted over the past two weeks and extremely nauseated. I have lost 8lbs in the past 9 days, and I have to eat extremely small meals or they will be making a reappearance. My breast have been very sore, but I am getting used to the feeling and they aren't hurting everyday, just every now and then. I started cramping last night, but its just normal pregnancy cramps, at least I think so.

My Appointment
I have my first doctors appointment on Dec. 16, which is only 2 weeks away. I cannot wait for this appointment, and I feel like it is going to take forever to get here. All I want to know is that my sweet little pipsqueak is alive and healthy. I also feel like this appointment is what is going to make everything seem so real, Especially for my husband.

Spreading the News
I have told quite a few people about my pregnancy, more than I probably should have, but I can't contain all of my joy and my situation. I have had a mixed batch of reactions, which was unexpected. I just assumed everyone would be happy for me and supportive as I have been married for four years and am in a good situation to have a baby. I have told:
my parents, both of which are ecstatic
my 5 year old niece, who is already worrying about what this new baby means
My idiot brother, who told me that this baby would ruin my marriage
My mom's 3 sisters and 1 girl cousin, who all cried with excitement
My moms parents, of which my grandmother told me that I was infact not pregnant, but it was all in my head and this was a false pregnancy( where in the heck did that come from?):growlmad:
My 2 Best friends: One just had a baby 4 days prior and was thrilled, the other screamed in excitement and cried and hugged me so hard I thought I was dying.
2 close friends: both of which found out by bringing up children and I was forced to tell them or lie. they were both excited though.
A few classmate: I had a classmate tell me she dreamed I was pregnant, and I thought I would tell her I actually was. She doesn't even know me and she cried. A few other girls over heard me and they were so happy!
My husband told his boss, who is also a close friend of ours because he had to schedule a day off for my appointment. He was excited as well.

Waiting to tell:
We are waiting to tell my husbands family and the rest of my family until Christmas. They do not even know that my husband wants kids and they are going to be in total shock. My husband, intelligently, wanted to wait until after our doctors appointment. We are going to tell his best-friend and his wife after our appointment, but before Christmas. His best friend is kind of a jerk sometimes so I am not expecting him to be very pleasant about it. He doesn't want kids and I can see him saying well congrats but this means your life is over and I will never get to see you again. He is a very jealous guy.

I have another very close friend who is 37 weeks pregnant and her baby is not expected to live outside of the womb due to cyst on his kidneys and no amniotic fluid. She doesn't like to hear about happy pregnancies, understandably, but I do feel like I should tell her before she finds out on Facebook. I just don't know how or when I should tell her. Her baby is due any day now and it will never be a good time. Her sister is pregnant and she is always talking about how much she hates that her sister talks about her pregnancy. I think I will tell her after my appointment, when I know everything is viable, that way I am not frustrating her for nothing. Any advise on how to tell her would be appreciated. i just don't want her to feel like she cant turn to me anymore for support.

Conception:
I am still in shock that we conceived on the first try. We had only discussed trying for about a week or two before we gave it a go. We had originally planned to wait another year to start trying, after I graduated, but we both started getting baby fever a wee bit early. We honestly thought it would take a while, but we were wrong. With this being the case, we didn't really have time to get use to the idea of expecting a baby. I am still very nervous about the whole pregnancy and everything that goes along with it. Plus I am in my last year of college and will be student teaching over the next 6 months without pay.

but anyway, I think this is a long enough book for now. Thanks for listening if you read.

:coffee:

Aww Hun congrats !!!

This is a great place to let it all out you could also start a journal? Just a thought I too have no one to really talk to since we have no family close to us my brother and SIL just had their baby so they're busy, my sister is 20 weeks pregnant and doing it alone with a 7 yr old son so she's busy so I just have my hubs.

People can be strange ignore the unnecessary or mean comments and just enjoy it congrats again Hun :)

As for your friend unfortunately they're won't be an easy time to tell her just be as gentle as possible just tell her you wanted her to know from you and not someone else she might distance herself for a bit but it's understandable sorry I don't have any real advice for you Hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->