At what age and why did you begin?

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
I was just wondering at what age did you begin weaning your LO and why did you decide it was the right time?

Just bein nosey really :blush: as the prospect of starting weaning my daughter is looming.

At about 4 months because she was greedy and milk just wasnt enough

i am also starting to think about this, i need to get Annabelle drinking normal milk as she is on lactose free at the moment, doc said its gonna be hard to change over if she is still being treated as lactose free

Lou
xxx

5 and a half months, she was starting to want extra bottles, she had one meal a day until she was 6 months

I started max at 3 months on baby cereal 1x per day as milk was not enough for him

I started to wean her at 4 months as she was increasing the amount of bottles/frequency every 2 hours.

Rihanna is now on 3 meals a day and loving it. Weight wise she is maintained being bang on the 50th centile so I believe I did the right thing :) xxxx

I started Lewis at 4.3 months, he wasn't satisfied by the amount of milk he was having, 6 feeds a day of about 7 -9 oz of hungry baby formula and his weight was increasing greatly each week. The HV thought it might be a good time to start.

I started weaning on porridge for breakfast for the first 4 weeks, in the hope that his milk intake would reduce a little & the rapid weight gain might slow down - this has only just started to happen now he's on 3 meals a day.

3 months for us because of reflux mainly...

5 months and three weeks because she was always hungry and had stopped gaining weight.

Mine have always been about 4 months and on the Health Visitors advice as they started waking in the night again after previously sleeping through and constantly feeding from me:cry:

I started her on a few spoons of baby cereal at 4 months and slowly increased the amount. Now I introdiced another meal and veggies.

I mostly did it because of slow weight gain.

tommy was about 16 weeks, this was because his milk wasnt satisfying him and i thought he was ready, he started on baby porridge as the baby rice is kakky...he would also have some rusk and gradually increased his food and tastes, he favours fruit and HATES cauliflower cheese lol

h x

Lol thats funny, because Tigs hates cauliflower cheese too.. Lol she's tried it once and as soon as it went in her mouth she puked everywhere :lol:

what is it with the cauliflower cheese thing lol max puked too when he ate it ..i must admit it smells horrid

It does, I made OH feed it to Tigs cos I hated the smell.. And then Tigs threw up big style and it was me who had to clean it up :eww:

Jacob was 4 months recommend by doc due to reflux problems and poor weight gain. He was started on veg again recommend by doc as he is lactose intorlant and cereal etc contain milk product, baby rice doesnt but he hated this so the dietition suggests rice mixed with veg :) so for 3 weeks now he has been having rice and veg mixed at 7pm every night and today we added in a morning lil meal which is again fruit mixed with a lil rice to give it substance :) The meal at 7pm is larger than the one in the morning but i will slowly increase it and then add in a meal around lunch in about 3 weeks time again and then slowly increase that until he is on 3 meals a day :) XxxX

Erin was 6 months and only started her because the hv said we needed to even though she was very contented on milk and slept through the night. She is on 3 meals a day but doesn't really seem impressed with solids as she much prefers her milk.

5 1/2 months and he took to solids straight away although I had previously tried at barely 4 months on the Hv advice and because he kept picking up our food and putting/ trying to put it in his mouth. But 5 1/2 months was the first he was able to swallow. He was always a hungry baby.

At 4months because after sleeping through for 2months he started waking 4-6times for bottles. I tryed hungry baby milk and he was still doing the same. Everytime he saw my food he would stare and do a chewing motion with his mouth and moan and cry! Now iv started weaning hes back to sleeping through and seems alot happier!

At 4months because after sleeping through for 2months he started waking 4-6times for bottles. I tryed hungry baby milk and he was still doing the same. Everytime he saw my food he would stare and do a chewing motion with his mouth and moan and cry! Now iv started weaning hes back to sleeping through and seems alot happier!

Yea, millie is at the stage now where she is staring at our food with great interest but doesn't seem hungry, one of the reasons why i asked this question as i'm umming and arghing what to do :dohh:!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->