At what age did u allow...

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
ur kids to get up on a monring by themselves?

Jacks been getting up really early on a morning, and daddy gets up with him, but he goes to work at 6.45. He tells me to stay in bed, and that Jack will come and get me if he wants me, but i cant.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

My DD started getting up on her own around 3 when she potty trained, she'd get up for a wee in the morning & despite being told it was early would start playing in her room.

So long as he is safe, can't hurt himself & is happy I would say its fine. I think it gives them a little bit of independance.

My oldest 2 are now nearly 4 & 8, & from 7am they can play/read quietly in there room so long as they don't wake up our littlest one. They are not allowed downstairs & have to wait till 7.45 when I've left for work before they get dressed & dad gets there breakfast.

DS could get his own breakfast but still like to do it for him.

Kieran goes downstairs at the moment because he keeps getting up at 6 and i refuse to move at that time so he knows its ok to go downstairs while mummy gets up, he knows how to work the tele so sorts himself out.
Just before bed i usually make sure there is nothing lying about etc and i know he'll be fine.
Its only like me going for a shower and leaving him downstairs:)

Where my room is i can hear everyting downstairs anyway:)

i was aloud to get up by myself soon as i was in a big bed and thats what i plan to do with zane. i had rules on what i was n wasnt aloud to do but i made myself breakfast and watched tv lol i was always a independent child

I let holly and robyn down stairs on there own hun :blush:
they are really good and just sit and watch tv they no wat they can and cant do plus its only for half an hour till i have a quick shpwer x

Both Landon and Casen get up on their own, they just start playing xbox :| or playing in their playroom and we have no clue they are even up until the baby wakes us up.

Sophie-louise and Dylan will go and watch T.V in the morning so I can lay in bed, but I know what you mean hun I can't go back to sleep and my living room is next door to my beedroom (we live in a flat). xx

nicole has been getting up on here own for a while now, my house is tiny so i can hear everything and she comes and gets me if she needs me anyway.

My son is 3 1/2 & used to wake up & play in his room for a while before shouting me to get up , Now that he's learnt to open the baby gate on his room he goes downstairs puts the tv on & gets a blanket & just sits there til i go down or til he comes to get me. At 1st he started going in the fridge for food or the freezer, but after he got told off a couple times i just repeat now no going in the fridge or freezer & he's really good. I can hear everything too, he's never once tried to do anything silly or dangerous & i know he cant open doors to get outside. I usually go down with him 1st & get him a drink & ask if he wants breakfast before i go back to bed . He comes up for me if he wants anything out the fridge now :)

i was aloud to get up by myself soon as i was in a big bed and thats what i plan to do with zane. i had rules on what i was n wasnt aloud to do but i made myself breakfast and watched tv lol i was always a independent child

Same here... but I couldn't reach the bolt for the kitchen door, so I had to climb through the serving hatch to get my breakfast :rofl:

So long as you know you can trust Jack, and there's nothing lying around that he could get into mischief with (Superglue anyone :lol:) then he'll be fine :D

Abbie started getting up herself around 3, she would start singing to herself in her room lol, i woke up when i heard her but about 20 minutes later she'd come into my room and wake me up. She's six now and if she wakes up she'll stay in her room and play with her toys until i get up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->