At what age did your LO go to the cinemas for the 1st time?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Just wondering...at what age did you take your LO to the cinemas for the first time? x

We took the youngest, just turned 3, during the holidays to see cars. OH and her fell asleep in the middle of it :sleep:

took my eldest to see the wiggles 'live' for a test run she was 4 loved it, then we went to see Toy Story 3. i'm going to see if my 3 year old will sit long enough and will take her and dd1 to the smurfs at the weekend.

at 4yrs he loved it took him to see toy story 3d the glasses bugged him though as he wears glasses allready and couldnt wear both :-/

i took my 5 year old this year to see cars2 in 3d and i am glad i didnt take him any sooner tbh. he really enjoyed it, still talks about it weeks later and it was a really nce day for us both.

there was a couple there with their 2 year old (i think) and she didnt enjoy it esp the glasses and neither of them seemed to enjoy it either coz one of them had to be entertaining her and trying to get her to stay in her seat.

Dec went to the cinema for the first time 1/2 months before he turned 3, he is almost 4 now and we go at least twice a month and he loves it :)

Amy was 3. She has been many times now, always sits better for a cinema film than watching a film at home. :D

We took DD to the theatre for the first time at 3.5 yo.

We felt like she might be ready for it since she was easily able to sit through a movie at the house. We tried taking a friend with DD at 4 yo and the friend was 5. The friend could not sit still and drove me mad. Every kid is different.

Might I suggest trying a second-run theatre where the movies are cheaper. That's what we did 'just in case'. The tickets were less than 1/2 price and so if we had had to walk out because she couldn't handle it we weren't out a fortune.

In the end we had DD's birthday party at the movie theatre this year (Age 5) and all the kids did fairly well with the exception of one girl who was 6 (same girl as above) who seriously needs to get checked out for ADD! lol

kieran was 4, paige still hasn't been x

I was just wondering about this as I'm planning to take my son (age 4, turning 5 in November) to the movies for the first time tomorrow. He has mild ADHD so I'm a little nervous about whether he'll sit through the whole thing but it's only $1 + snacks if he doesn't, so leaving isn't going to be an issue if he can't :)

We're going to see Kung Fu Panda 2..was thinking about taking him to the Smurfs but I'm not sure how well that'll hold his attention.

Well, my oldest was around 7 or so.

I have to add........I did not go to the movies until I was dating at the age of 18! My dad did not allow us to go! He said it was against our religion!

i took my son during the summer holidays to watch cars 2.. although he did enjoy it after about 45 mins he used the toilet twice and asked when we were leaving to eat ahaha :)

Well I figured I'd update...we officially took DS to the theater last Tuesday and he loved it! In the beginning he was really good, but towards the end, he started getting a little restless. Thankfully the movie was at the $1 theater and there were only 2 other groups there..1 with a younger tot who was scared and seemed like it was past naptime, and a young couple. All in all, he did amazingly better than I expected considering he has mild adhd :)

Well I figured I'd update...we officially took DS to the theater last Tuesday and he loved it! In the beginning he was really good, but towards the end, he started getting a little restless. Thankfully the movie was at the $1 theater and there were only 2 other groups there..1 with a younger tot who was scared and seemed like it was past naptime, and a young couple. All in all, he did amazingly better than I expected considering he has mild adhd :)

That's nice, I'm glad it worked out well for you :thumbup:

3 maybe...but they never lasted the whole way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->