• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At what age is OK to leave a child in a car?

I don't see how a robber could get in the car and start it withoit your key in the 30 seconds it would take you to run out of the petrol station?Surely people don't leave the keys in the ignition.

I don't see how a robber could get in the car and start it withoit your key in the 30 seconds it would take you to run out of the petrol station?Surely people don't leave the keys in the ignition.

There are people who can get your car within 30 seconds with no keys, if that is their "profession". It does happen in the US. I never underestimate what a criminal can and will do.

But if you've locked your car, they need to break in and hot wire (which is more and more difficult on modern cars) in all of a minute or two. I am willing to bet that most people (of the relatively few this has happened to) who have had their car stolen have either left their keys the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition, or even just the doors unlocked in an older car.

But say with an older child...maybe 12. Couldn't you argue that if you left them home alone, a burglar might break in?

I live in an extraordinary safe area so that is likely why either scenario seems unlikely.

When you are 38 someone may break in! LOL!

I still get scared of people breaking in and I'm 26 lol. I hate being home alone at night.

I don't drive so can't give a real insight to this as I'm not sure if I'd leave Ben when paying for petrol, but I'd certainly never leave him for any other reason, I wouldn't leave him full stop, like Suzi said why take them if you're not going to involve them? The thought if someone carjacking the car with him in it (if I had one!!) is a big fear of mine, as is burglary etc!

When I worked in a shop, about 6 months ago a lady came in and was paying for something, she kept checking out the window and I noticed her car with a toddler (no older than 2) in his car seat, with all the windows wound down. She kept waving so he knew she was there. I felt sick just watching but then she wanted to look at something in a part of the shop where you couldn't see out the front, she just went off for 3-5 minutes with my manager. I went right to the front if the shop and watched that car like a hawk, all it needed was someone to put thier hand through, unlock the door and hot wire it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->