At what age?

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
Do you think its ok to give peanuts to a child?

Chloe and Jaycee have eaten a few peanuts before and they had some today. They are 3 soon.

:flower:

Its recommended to not give nuts to children under 3 because of the choking risk. x

harrison has eaten them if they are in food, but anything tiny he prefers to store away places rather than eat them. (read: peas, sweetcorn, pieces of chewed grape etc) so i generally tend to avoid them :lol:

Depending on allergies etc they can have things like peanut butter or almond butter form 6 months but whole nuts its advised not for under 3's as they can be a choking risk.

Evie has had peanut butter (and loves it) and also small bits of walnuts but not the whole thing ;)

jake just squishes peas. it drives me mad!

Riley has I remove them one by one so they're out of site..

But he actually likes peas, just if he decides he doesn't want anything, it has to be away from his plate :growlmad:

Their allowed them in food from 6 months, as whole nuts it isn't recommended until 12 months but only because of choking risks.

If their fine with them and you are comfortable with them having them then it should be fine. DD2 started eating them whole at around 3, maybe a little before. :)

my daughter is nearly 4 and she eats peanuts and has peanut butter, she loves them

poppy has had peanut butter since we started weaning @ 6 months, but hasnt actually had a whole nut yet. i honestly dont know at what age id give one to her!

Harvey has peanut butter and ground nuts in things like curries. I wouldn't give him a whole nut yet though since he still tries to ram loads into his mouth at the same time. I don't know what age I'd be happy to give him one but it won't be until he starts taking his time a bit more while he's eating. At the moment he'll quite happily stuff handfuls of Cheerios into his mouth so I'd rather he didn't do that with nuts.

Lachlan has peanut butter and he also eats whole cashews occasionally, I just make sure I watch him very carefully with them. Peanuts I won't give him until he's 2.5/3 because they're a little bit harder to eat and aren't quite as big as cashews.

Chloe and Jaycee love them. :sick: I cant say I am a fan but they are.

Jaycee has only been up for 20 minutes and is already asking for some nuts :haha:

My LO has peanut butter and he loves peanut m&ms if thru are hanging around lol, I think it's the choking risk why they say wait but my LO has had Lollys and boiled sweets before I just make sure he's not running around when eating anything like that x

Omar eats nuts almost everyday. I give him one piece at a time. He eats pistachios, peanuts, cashew, almonds & pine nuts

My son had peanut butter at about 8 months and is nearly 3 now and will have whole nuts.

Jacob has them and he likes them.

Emma hasn't all of her teeth yet, so I won't give any to her until her backs ones have completely come through.

Kent hasnt actually had a whole nut as of yet but has had peanut butter and LOVES it lol

They say age 5 for whole nuts. But 6 months for peanut butter etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->