At what stage of your pregnancy did you start buying baby things?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
So when did you start buying things for the baby? xx

I still haven't bought anything yet, but that's also because so many things were given to me. I have also been told I'm not allowed to buy anything until after my baby shower because so many members of my family will be there and they don't want me to get everything and leave them with nothing to get for a gift. But I didn't start really trying to get anything, or have anything given to me, until a little over halfway through my 2nd tri, so I knew what the gender was and could pick a theme and still have enough energy to set everything up.

When I went for a private scan at 14 weeks and found out we were team blue :)

I started buying things on sale and second hand around 16 weeks probably, but waited until after I found out the gender (at 19 weeks) to buy clothes, bedding, etc. now I'm 34 weeks and have pretty much everything!

I bought wipes last week as they were on special but I will wait until next weeks scan to buy more stuff. Thinking of starting with diapers.

I wish I had bought more earlier, because third tri has been hard on me and shopping is not as enjoyable when you don't feel up to it!

I've only been buying wipes every time I go to the store so I can stock up. I bought a gender neutral pair of pajamas after our first scan to celebrate, so that was at 7 weeks. I also bought a stuffed giraffe a few weeks ago.

I'm having baby showers so I'm waiting until after to buy anything else.

Thanks ladies...I can't remember when started buying things with my son...im dieing to start buying but feel as though its too soon!!...I keep thinking il start small and buy a pack of scratch mitts :lol: xx

I think its best to start now and spread the costs?

Are you having a babyshower?

We brought one little outfit a few days after our gender scan at 16 weeks. Then a few more clothes around 22 weeks and then this last week we got a fair bit we needed. There is still a fair bit on my list. I plan to be done with bags packed by 36 weeks.....

xx

I think its best to start now and spread the costs?

Are you having a babyshower?

No plan of a baby shower as yet however i am tempted to have one...it would be so exciting!

Are you having one? xx

I didn't start buying until after our 20 week scan, even then it's only been a few bits as we are having another girl so really don't need much.
With my other pregnancies I've always started at 12 weeks though, usually with a pack of nappies or something. :)

We bought a few things at 16 weeks and then nothing else until after 30 weeks. Reason being, we decided to move from Ireland back to England and didn't want to have to move everything baby related.

Now all I have to do is wait for my breast pump to arrive (should be tomorrow), wait for my wipes to arrive (Monday I am expecting these) and take delivery of my pram, cot and steraliser (October 1st). Everything is paid for.

I was around 13 weeks. It took five weeks to get my dating scan and I got impatient. I didn't buy that much because I wanted to wait to find out whether it was pink or blue. 20 week happened and everything is pink, red and a bit of purple. I had pretty much everything by 28 weeks.

After our gender scan we went and bought 1 thing, then around 23 weeks we slowly started buying things. Am glad we didn't wait till the last minute because we were able to be picky on what we wanted for his room, and only bought what was perfect rather then whatever cuz we were close to d-day.

Also only bought decorations and the crib, we waited till after others bought things, like dad, grandma, aunts, because they wanted to get us some of the big ticket items, like car seat, stroller, ect. So i'd check with everyone before you go buying to much or they might be mad that you didn't save anything for them to get.

I don't think we bought anything till after week 28 last time, but that was more laziness than anything!

This time we kind of have everything already, so I guess if the baby is a girl, we'll just buy a few clothes close to arrival time. A lot of our LO's clothes were pretty gender-neutral so they can just be reused.

Might stock up on nappies early but would only buy very limited supplies of newborn size. My LO was out of newborn nappies by the time he was a week old, and I had to give about five packs away to friends with smaller babies, haha.

End of 2nd tri beginning of third for me.. probably do the same this time too, though we pretty much have everything :)

we started buying things straight away. first time parents - overly excited and what not.

I didn't start buying things til I was around 30 weeks or so and didn't start til around then with my first pregnancy either as I'm always afraid I'll jump the gun and buy things too early and something will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->