At what stage of your pregnancy did you start buying baby things?

I bought a few things shortly after I found out I was pregnant. We waited until after the gender scan to get pretty much everything though.

My work is notorious for throwing you surprise baby showers which makes it really hard for me to know when to get anything.. Since were having twins I keep having this urge to stock up on all kinds of stuff. I know our family will be overly helpful with gifts.. plus I will be pregnant through xmas and thats a huge thing for our big family.

I am really going to try to hold off until January but it's going to be very tough for me. I will be starting 3rd trimester right at xmas.

I think its best to start now and spread the costs?

Are you having a babyshower?

No plan of a baby shower as yet however i am tempted to have one...it would be so exciting!

Are you having one? xx

My bff and my niece have talked about having one for me coz of the HUGE gap between baby and my son ... but most likely when Im 8 months as that is when they have it for u in SA ... at around 7 or 8 months so I thought of buying and just asking them to tell the ppl to get us stuff for 3-6 or 6-12 months

I waited until all the hand me downs I was going to get came rolling in, then I took stock of what I had and got almost everything else at a rummage sale just yesterday. So for us it was int he 21st week. We had the gender scan already so that made it easier to feel like doing it, plus with all the hand me downs piling up I started to get the urge to fill in the gaps so I could scratch things off my list and feel else stressed. Almost done! :happydance:

As soon as I/we found out (at 6 weeks pregnant).

No plan of a baby shower as yet however i am tempted to have one...it would be so exciting!

Are you having one? xx

My bff and my niece have talked about having one for me coz of the HUGE gap between baby and my son ... but most likely when Im 8 months as that is when they have it for u in SA ... at around 7 or 8 months so I thought of buying and just asking them to tell the ppl to get us stuff for 3-6 or 6-12 months

Aww sounds perfect :cloud9: i wish i coud have one but truthfully i dont think i know enough people to make it a success...how old is your son? Mine is 5...if baby comes on time then baby will be aroun 3 months when my son turns 6! xx

We bought a neutral outfit at 14 weeks as we wanted my OHs children to get involved. Not bought anything until our 20 weeks scan today & found out team pink! We bought lots today ha ha :)

I started buying nappies and wipes after my 20 week scan, left the bigger things until after 30 weeks

I think I bought my first cloth diapers at like 10 weeks (they were a really good deal!), and had bought almost everything I needed by the end of 2nd tri. Online shopping was really nice for me when I had morning (all day) sickness through first and 2nd tri and couldn't do much besides sit in front of my computer all day anyway. I was so miserable at that time, and buying cute baby things helped get me through.

I was holding out until after the second scan, but last night I went crazy and brought a moses basket, bottles, steriliser, bottle and some baby grows :)

I started like 6 months before we started trying. Since I found out I have only bought a few things.

Are you having one? xx

Aww sounds perfect :cloud9: i wish i coud have one but truthfully i dont think i know enough people to make it a success...how old is your son? Mine is 5...if baby comes on time then baby will be aroun 3 months when my son turns 6! xx

My son is 13yrs already LOL I always thought he'd be my only child until my DH came along and changed my mind

I bought a few things before my baby shower but mostly waited until after

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->