Ate some pink lamb - should I be worried?

why22

Reaction score
Hi

Last night, we visited my friend in hospital after giving birth last week & got freaked out because she's had the most terrible pregnancy and birth!

Then decided to grab an Indian on the way home because it was late.
Figured lamb was safer than chicken but the lamb was still pink and although I tried to only eat the smaller pieces that were more cooked, I am still worried having done a bit of 'Googling' this morning.

Should I be worried??

Hi!!

No don't worry at all - as long as it was not completely undercooked it'll be fine. all the advice about what to eat and not eat are only guidelines - with the exception of a few things that have proven effects.

honestly - dont dtress yourself over little things like that - you're body will instinctivley tell you if it doesnt like what you're putting in it! :) xx

The main risk with undercooked food is food poisioning, so as long as you feel ok (or no worse than normal) don't worry.

We went to a BBQ on sunday, which included steak kebabs which were still a bit pink in the middle. Luckily I normally like things well cooked (well I'm a medium girl these days but the people we were with didn't know that!) so it didn't seem weird that OH pointed out to me it was a bit pink in the middle. I still ate it though, just picked the one with smaller bits of meat on so it was better cooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->