Atlas

ZoeyKaspian

Reaction score
Okay, so I want a weird name or at least one that's not like Bob, Jim, etc. My fiance's favorite boy name is Jack, but I told him that he could either have the first name Jack or he could have the middle name be Benjamin (his brother's name). Now, we have a hard time agreeing on names. We both liked Diego for awhile and I still kind of do, but one unusual name that we both like is Atlas. Atlas Benjamin. What do you guys think of this instead of Kaspian, Casper, or Diego? I already liked it and when we looked at our ultrasound pictures we thought our son LOOKED like an Atlas. My fiance has a thing about how people's opinions are what sway him with names, but me, I just want something we can both agree on and again, isn't like Bob or Jim. He did tell me though that the argument, "Atlas is too weird." would not be one that would sway him this time.

Personally I wouldn't go for the name atlas, but like you said you & OH like it so why not go for it? It'd be your LO & the scan picture is a cute background story too :).
To avoid people's comments keep the name secret til he's born or only tell close family, people are less likely to judge once baby is here - it's your choice hun!

its so much better than atticus.....my nephew is named atticus and i hate it

Personally I wouldn't go for the name atlas, but like you said you & OH like it so why not go for it? It'd be your LO & the scan picture is a cute background story too :).
To avoid people's comments keep the name secret til he's born or only tell close family, people are less likely to judge once baby is here - it's your choice hun!

I wish my fiance would agree to keeping it a secret, but he likes hearing people's opinions! His great Aunt has a forceful, "Name him something Christian" attitude which I've mentioned several times. Even when our name choice was Harvey Benjamin, she still didn't like it as much for that very reason. Anyway, thank you very much for the advice! :)

its so much better than atticus.....my nephew is named atticus and i hate it

I like Atticus, but not as much as Atlas.

It looks like we both agree that Atlas Benjamin should be his name. So much so that my fiance has already started saying, "When Atlas is born..." or "You and Atlas"...he did this with none of the other names we had. He promised that he would stay with it and no one's opinion on this one would sway him. :)

Love it (also love Atticus too). I think you might be in the states, but there is a TV presenter here called Kirstie Allsopp who has a son called Bay Atlas.

Love it (also love Atticus too). I think you might be in the states, but there is a TV presenter here called Kirstie Allsopp who has a son called Bay Atlas.

Yep, I am in the states! :) I am in Wisconsin. Bay Atlas was also in the baby name book we found, but we liked Atlas, better! :)

I love it. I've always thought that name was really strong and honestly wonder why it's not used more. It has a great sound to it, it goes nicely with Benjamin. Go for it.

I love it. I've always thought that name was really strong and honestly wonder why it's not used more. It has a great sound to it, it goes nicely with Benjamin. Go for it.

Thank you! Yeah, we had a hard time finding something that fit with Benjamin because all the first names I liked ended with "in" sounds like Kaspian and it was doubling it up.

Some nicknames for Atlas:

Atty
Daddy's Atty
Daddy's Atty Spag-atty
Atty Spag-atty
Atlaska
At-lucky

:) My fiance told me this morning "You're carrying the world in your tummy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics