ATTN people with hypothyroidism

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advice and to ask what your symptoms were? I'm starting to wonder if I have a problem with mine. At first I thought I maybe had anaemia but after some googling I seem to have a few symptoms of hypothyroidism mainly moderate-extreme fatigue even after a full nights sleep, general feeling crappy, freezing cold all the time, bowels issues (im not constipated but I only go every 3-4 days). It's been going on a while but got worse a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't want to read and run hun, but I've been going through the very same thing although I'm not always cold, I fluctuate between either boiling hot, or freezing cold for no apparent reason.

I hope you get some answers :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi hun - trying to think back as it has been a while but I think the only one I can add to your list was weight gain or difficulty losing it.

Went to my doctors predominantly because I was so sluggish and lethargic and he didn't take me seriously at all (I was a student and he obv assumed I was out on the p*ss a lot!) until he did a blood test.

Recommend seeing your gp with all of your symptoms - I had no idea what my thyroid was or did til he did some blood tests but all good now! :thumbup:

Thanks for that. I'm a bit chubby but I dont have any problem with weight really and I can lose it if I go on a diet. Hm, maybe I am just anaemic :shrug: Will def go to my GP though, thanks X

It's only one of many boxes - don't necessarily need to have them all but yeah a blood test could show up a number of things they checked me for diabetes and anaemia too. They also said it could decrease your sex drive - OH had me straight on the meds :haha:

Good luck - hope you get some answers! :thumbup:

I started to notice weight gain, even though I had been stable for years!
- Always tired, even after a full nights sleep
- Lack of Menstrual Cycles/Very long cycles
- Sluggish
- Feeling very hot then cold and so on all throughout the day

Hi hun - trying to think back as it has been a while but I think the only one I can add to your list was weight gain or difficulty losing it.

Went to my doctors predominantly because I was so sluggish and lethargic and he didn't take me seriously at all (I was a student and he obv assumed I was out on the p*ss a lot!) until he did a blood test.

Recommend seeing your gp with all of your symptoms - I had no idea what my thyroid was or did til he did some blood tests but all good now! :thumbup:

I had my bloods taken on Friday, and I find out on Wed if its what is making me feel so crappy all the time. The doctor basically thought I was making an excuse for being fat :(, and that I had always been fat (I ballooned to 88kg within 10 weeks of getting pregnant). But I know something is up, or else why would my weight stay the same even on a 1200cal a day diet?! At my weight I should be losing weight on that, but nope. And I ache all the time :(.

I tick basically all the boxes :(. So it bloody better be my thyrpoid or I want to curl up into a ball!

I felt better at the weekend but today i'm shattered again :(

my symptoms of it were extreme fatigue, feeling cold ALL of the time. Ive had no problems with weight gain tho and dont have any problems loosing it when i diet.

Extreme fatigue. though I'm not sure I had it completely- the "doctor" I went to never really tested and I nearly died after her giving me 10x the recommended dose of hormones. But whatever.

I'm pretty sure I did have it though, a little bit. My hair fell out, I felt constantly sluggish and tired all the time (like it was a huge effort to go get coffee, that kind of thing) and I gained a bunch of weight and have ever since had problems getting it off. My cycles have also become very far apart- at this point it is 80 days between them.

My mum's got it, she was diagnosed 13 years ago and her symptoms were:

• Memory loss (extreme!) - example, she once took me to Tescos instead of school and left me there haha
  • Extreme fatigue
  • Muscle/joint aches all over
  • Lost half her eyebrows on both eyes
  • Hair receeding
  • Very dry skin
  • Difficulty controlling body temperature
  • Constant hunger

The only one which my mum didn't get which is usually a symptom is weight gain.

My symptoms were

weight gain( 4 stone in a few months)
sleeping 16-20 hours a day
feeling cold all the time
losing hair
losing eyebrowss
slurring words

My tsh levels were very high hence the extreme symptoms.
Also different gps measure what is normal differently. For instance your tsh level might be 5 and one doctor might say that is normal whereas another gp might say that is too high and you have an underactive thyroid. Ideally they say your levels should be 0.5- 2. If your gp says your fine and you dont think you are find a new gp. xxx

Ive had an underactive thyroid since diagnosed 10 years ago. Your symptoms do sound like it could be sub-clinical hypo.

Def request thyroid function tests when you visit your GP.
Weight gain isnt a symptom of hypo, but a slow metabolism is - so you might not notice weight gain straight away... it takes a while for the metabolism to slow enough for weight gain to become an issue in some people. But, once the metabolism has slowed significantly enough for weight gain and losing weight becomes a problem then hypo is almost def the cause.

I just had my routine 6 month bloods done my TSH has shot up to the mid 20's... and I feel like crap, the lowest we managed to get it during pregnancy was 7ish - the ideal firgure is below 3 here . Knackered/exhausted all of time, pain in muscles, silly irregular (too often) and heavy periods, dry skin, sensory problems & noooo sex drive whatsoever. Occassional anxiety, palpetations & depression. I lost loads of weight in 2007 but its crept back on since pregnancy despite a good diet & bf'ing!
Gp thought Id be aneamic but well, I wasnt & my tsh was thru the roof (and t4).

I started out with mild symptoms 10 years ago and its gradually got worse, Ive just had another meds increase but I feel even worse than before.

I hope you get to the bottom of it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->