• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aubergine recipe please

baby09

Reaction score
Hi everyone - really fancy aubergine! I have one in the cupboard but I don't know what to do? I had a Turkish starter dish couple of months ago which was lovely but can't find a good recipe for it online! Can't even remember what it was lol! Was tasty though x any ideas please? x

I like them in a salad like this:

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/23892/eggplant+roasted+red+onion+feta+and+mint+salad

Or you can roast them in salt and olive oil and have them with chickpeas and tomato

Umm that looks delicious thank you x

I believe the starter dish you tried is imam bayildi if you google loads of recipes should come up xx

Peel & slice , roast in the oven with olive oil. Prepare bolognese sauce without the herbs , then add it & bake in oven for few mins. Serve with rice or flat bread. Yummy xx

I had a mains at a Turkish resteraunt with aubergine in and it was delicious. Can't remember what it was called but it had lamb wrapped in fried aubergine with mash potatoes and veg. xx

Thanks ladies- I sliced in half length ways, scored the flesh and brushed with olive oil and baked in oven for 20 mins, then scooped out the flesh and mixed it with tomatoes onions(cooked) and garlic and put it back in the skin and back in the oven for a bit. Ummmm ummmm was so good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->